Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April Showers, Bring May Flowers...

...but what do freezing temperatures bring?

Dear Mother Nature,

What in the hell? Seriously? You tease me with weather in the 70's...only to blow in another cold front. Do you get the giggles out of this? Because...I'm. Not. Laughing.
I haven't had feeling in my fingers, for the last 7 hours. And my toes? I'm not even sure they are still there. I haven't dared look, for the fear that they are black with frostbite.
My closet is confused, too. Yesterday, I pulled out capri's and a t-shirt. Today? Jeans, sweatshirt and socks. I'm ready for a consistent tan line.
I'm ready for my nose to stop running because, it too, is confused about whether I should still have a cold, or not.
So, please, throw me a freaking bone. I want to feel the sunshine on my face. I want to feel the warm wind through my hair. And I want to feel my fingers.

Love,
Leeann

14 comments:

katie said...

AMEN! I've been wiping my dripingnose all day. I'm frozen.

Andrea said...

You still signed it 'LOVE', Leann. I am past the point of LOVE for mother nature!!!

:)

Steph said...

We're having cold again here too and Im SOOO ready for consistent warmth!!!

Sharon said...

LOL! You are too funny! I'm must say........ I am all for the cooler weather! Anything over 70 degrees is way too hot for me, so I am DREADING summer!

Candygirlflies said...

We? Are freezing our Parts off up here in the Great White North, too. Last week: +28 degrees celsius. This week? SNOW. (Sorry, I didn't mean to actually type the s-word... But friends, IT WAS SNOWING this morning when I took my kids to school... It didn't stick, and turned to icy rain... but, EW!!!)

Dear Mother Nature:

Same to you, Babe.

Love, CGF

Pam said...

You said it! Last week Ashlyn wore shorts to day care- today her winter coat. What the heck? If this letter works- let me know. I will write one of my own!

Jennifer said...

You are so right!!!

It was 80 here one day last week, yesterday our high was 47, last night we had a freeze warning and it was 36 at 9am this morning.

I'm ready for the warmer temps to come and stay too.

Mom said...

Here here!!!!!!

Mamarazzi said...

it's been warm but super windy here the last few days! and the STATIC Grrr!!!

Jen said...

DITTO to everything you said! Seriously, the weather needs to make up it's mind already!!

common mom said...

It made it's way over the mountain sometime last night . . . the flakes are falling and accumulating as I type - WTH!

Tausha said...

i couldn't agree more-only in good old UTAH would this happen. Maybe it happens because we have such a wide variety of clothes readily available. I don't know-grasping at straws here-i too at ticked!!!!

Shellie said...

Oh I am singing the same song!here are other places to live, wanna join Utahns Anonymous? There's gotta be a way to get over this habit of living here.

Erin said...

i hear ya. she needs to make up her freakin mind. damn menopausal woman!!