Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Milestones

I finally decided to go for it and put some highlights in my hair. I debated...with it being fresh, new "virgin" hair, if you will. But, it's summer time and I wanted to go lighter. Here's a before and a couple afters. This is what you look like, six months after shaving your head!




I finished Nutrition yesterday. I passed the final with an A- and finished the class with a solid A. I'm sooo happy! My first class as a "Mommy" and I proved to myself that I can do it. Next week is math finals, but I'm not worried about that at all. Spring Semester is almost over!

I weighed in today and lost another 2.6 lbs. Woo Hoo! I have now lost over 40 pounds! That is so shocking to me. I would have NEVER thought that I could do something like that. Without the encouragement and support of my friends and family...I never would have.

The Susan G. Komen 5K is coming up! Have you signed up yet?

14 comments:

Jen said...

Leeann, you were already beautiful, but I LOVE the new color! It's gorgeous! GOOD FOR YOU on losing more weight. You're seriously a huge motivation for me :) And CONGRATS on the A. What an amazing accomplishment!!

Stacy said...

Congrats! I love the hair and the weight and A are big accomplishments! Way to go!

Erin said...

love ur hair. wonder if i could go that short....

Melessa said...

I like it! I do the Susan G. Komen 5K every year!

Pam said...

I don't even know where to start! Uhm- first- I love your new profile description.....why, yes, it did make me cry! Then I thought it sounded a lot like me.

Alright, what's next? Oh yes- the hair! TOO cute! You have a beautiful face for short hair. I loved it before- but it is a very cute spring/summer look! I love it this way too.

You rock the weight loss world! that is awesome! 40 pounds is amazing! You are a beautiful person on the inside and outside! Good for you.

The A- I'm jumping up and down and clapping for you! Seriously! Teacher Pam is super, duper proud of you. I want to fill out one of my star student certificates and mail it to you. Uhm....maybe I will!

Candygirlflies said...

Whoo-hoo, Girl!

Is there anything you CAN'T do??

I think not!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

xo CGF

Andrea said...

LOVE the new hair! you are H-O-T!! that combined with your amazingly inspiring weight loss...girl, you are ON FIRE!!

Crystal said...

You lose a lot. You're smart too. Gorgeous girl that you are. I feel bad for your friends.


LOL
Since we ALL envy you!

Tausha said...

Love the hair! It looks great on you! I think it makes your skin glow a little more than the dark.
Yea for the weight loss! What are you doing to drop the pounds? The A in Nutrition-you go girl! All moms everywhere are patting you on the back. You inspire us all!!!

katie said...

DARLING! I love it!

Rachel said...

Your hair is absolutely adorable!!! Congrats on EVERYTHING!!!

TheVasquez3 said...

GORGEOUS!! i love how the highlights light up your face and your eyes...beautiful!!

LOVE IT!!

common mom said...

I love your short hair . . . and the color is great!

You're on a roll . . . weight, school, great hair . . . I will now live vicariously through you . . .

Steph said...

Woohoo on the A! Your hair looks great lighter!