Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Looking Forward

My doctor is absolutely wonderful and knew how quickly I needed to get in for surgery. He called this morning and told me that he had an opening for tomorrow and wanted to know if I was okay with going that quickly.
I have been preparing myself for this for several days, so I am more than ready. I am so thankful that very soon, we really can start focusing on healing, instead of playing the waiting game. I have begun accepting our reality, something that seemed impossible a week ago.

I'm looking forward to smiling again...
without it feeling forced.
I'm looking forward to laughing again...
without it sounding fake and hallow.
I'm looking forward to hugging my husband again...
without crying on his shoulder.
I'm looking forward to making it through an entire hour...
without feeling the gnawing pain.
I'm looking forward to making it through an entire day...
without depressing moments.
I'm looking forward to trying again...
and being excited about the possibility of another baby.
I'm looking forward to the future...
and whatever it may hold.

7 comments:

TheVasquez3 said...

beautiful Leeann, truly.

you are in my prayers always, but i will add a few extra tomorrow. i will also call the temple for you.

katie said...

Things will go well for you tomorrow. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Cassie said...

I hope things go well today, and you will be able to begin the healing process....praying for you....

Erin said...

good luck..speedy recovery!

Pam said...

you are so strong- where other would give up, lose hope, etc- you shine through! you are beautiful! I will be praying for you!

Andrea said...

I am so glad you have such a wonderful doctor. That is a blessing from God.

Keep us posted.

Praying...xoxo

sheri said...

Aw Leeann, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything went well.