Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #26-Men

13 Things I Will Never Understand
About Men
1. Why is it so hard to put your socks in the laundry room? If I wanted them all over the house, I wouldn't get so mad when you leave them there.
2. What is so fascinating about watching a bunch of sweaty men run around with a ball? Basketball, soccer, football...I don't get it.
3. Why can you take apart an entire engine and rebuild it, but you can't master the art of "the ponytail"? Even our 4 year old mastered it a year ago!
4. Why does every trip to the bathroom require 15 minutes?
5. Why do you not understand that I do not wish to learn how to gut a fish? No matter how many times you offer to teach me....I'm gonna tell you no!
6. What is so funny about farting and burping?
7. Why do I take care of our kids and you baby-sit? (This is actually not my husband, but I have heard men say this.)
8. Why do you want to waste a perfectly good Saturday morning, walking around a grassy area, with golf clubs? Walk around our grassy area with a lawn mower instead. You know you'll just lie about your score anyway.
9. What is so difficult about understanding that black pants cannot be worn with brown shoes? Please stop laughing at me every time I try to explain it.
10. How do you zone out, so completely, when watching TV? An earthquake, a child painting themselves with my make-up or a child writing on the walls...goes completely unnoticed when ESPN is on.
11. Why does a "good" movie have to involve guns, steroid-looking men and some one's nose bleeding?
12. Why don't you understand that moving furniture around, is therapeutic for me? Even more so, if you are around to do the lifting!
13. What is so fascinating about boobs? Honestly, I have some...and they're not all that special.

19 comments:

chikku said...

wow!!! great list... completely agree with you in #1 n #11....they can never watch a gud movie without violence n never leave the socks in the laundry.Finally when the socks r not washed, its our fault that we forget to pick them...

chikku :)

Kellan said...

I loved #3 and #5 - I'm never doing the fish thing either - NEVER!

Thanks for the prayers for our baby - we hare hoping for the best, obviously, and we appreciate all the prayers! See you soon. Kellan

bequi said...

Luckily for me, Anthony doesn't watch sports. He prefers hours and hours of video games. Not kidding, there have been times he was so involved in Zelda that he didn't notice our dog peeing on the carpet IN FRONT OF HIM.

It's All Good! said...

Love it! My 6 yr. old daughter's comment about football: They get knocked down, they get back up, they get knocked down, they get back up...what's up with THAT! Have a great day!

common mom said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh so true :-) Especially the zoning out . . . it's amazing how men can actually think about absolutely nothing at any given moment.

Jennifer said...

I do love watching football, I'll admit it, but other than that, all I can say to the rest of your list is YES, YES and...YES! Men. *grin*

Rachel said...

Love it! I have never understood #7 either. Same with #13...

Mom said...

I totally agree with #12. I love moving furniture around. Even when they are not around to help, I do it myself.

Malcolm said...

Funny stuff. Before this turns into "Oprah", I thought I would weigh in on the conversation, lol. I can't answer all your questions, but I will give some of them a shot

Watching sports can be very thrilling, dramatic and therapeutic. My girlfriend even enjoys watching with me. I imagine it's the same feeling that women get when they watch "Grey's Anatomy" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition".

It's takes me awhile because I love to read when I'm in there. I have a small stack of mags in the corner of the vanity. Question: why do women go through so much toilet paper? I'm all about conservation, lol.

I have no interest in gutting fish or playing golf; I also don't find farting/burping all that funny. However, I did have a girlfriend who thought it was hilarious when she passed gas.

As for #10, I have no explanation for why I zone out watching TV.

Regarding breasts, I think we are mesmerized by them because we don't have them. Trust me, breasts are very special to men.

I hope I was able to enlighten you just a bit.

Andrea said...

You hit the nail right on the head! Those were great!

I needed a laugh today...thanks!

Jenn said...

Great list !!! I will never understand them.

Stacy said...

You just described my husband to the "T"! Funny stuff!

Pam said...

You always have great lists! I love all of those. I would add "Why is it you are not complete without the remote in your hand? And why you do treat it more gently then our children?" Ask my hubby where the kids are- no clue. The remote though- he knows where that is at all times!

kellyo75 said...

Oh my gosh. Is it an innate behavior that men in general just leave socks all over the place. My 5 year old even does it. Drives me batty! The only one I cannot agree with is #6. I DO get what's so funny about farting and burping.

I am pretty lucky that Zac is not a huge sports fan. He LOVES UFC though. I don't get that. At.All.

TheVasquez3 said...

boobs...hysterical! and the pony tail umm yeah whats up with that?

great list!!

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, this was AWESOME.

xoxo CGF

mickey said...

I wish I could write half as clever and cute as you do. Nice list.

livin with me said...

Those were hilarious. I tried to pick some favorites but I couldn't because I love all of them!!

Gerbil said...

SOCKS! Augh! SOCKS! Excuse me, I must go wash the foam off my mouth now...

My arch-nemesis - SOCK MAN. They're everywhere.