Monday, March 10, 2008

A Look At My Life

Well, Skylie is feeling better. She is smiley a lot and whiny a lot, just like any typical baby. But, she isn't even attempting to rollover yet, which seems really late to me, but maybe I forget when babies do that. My last baby started rolling over at two weeks and he hasn't stopped moving since!
Avery had her adenoids out on Friday. She was a trooper and barely had any down time. When she came out of the anesthesia, they warned me that they can wake up agitated. Picture the worst temper tantrum you have ever seen...doubled. She was kicking and punching and screaming and throwing her head around. God Bless those nurses that do this every day. After about an hour of this, she finally calmed down and we got to go home. Here she is smelling the mask that would put her to sleep. She picked grape scent and had to see how it looked on her, me, Ryleigh and her teddy bear.

We have been going a little stir crazy in the house. Grandma came over yesterday and we all escaped to the park. We had planned on a picnic, but it was too cold. Bailey and Ryleigh spent most of their time putting the wood chips all over the slides. Avery hung out with Grandma in the van, complaining of the cold. Luke was ALL over the place. He loved the slides..."Slides, Grandma! So fun!" He would also try to jump off the area where the fireman pole was. No matter that it was 10 feet off the ground...if I was there or not...he jumped. That kid is going to be the cause of my gray hair!
My laptop was fixed today. Thank Goodness. All of my programs are on my laptop, not my desktop, so it was making my work quite challenging. The guy that came out to fix it, was the same one that fixed it in October. A little quirky, but a nice guy. I thanked him for coming but expressed that I don't hope to see him again soon. LOL
I'm on spring break this week, so I have been putting off my homework. I really need to get on it, but really lack the motivation! Come night time, I am too tired to do anything except fall asleep. Poor Josh has been understanding and doesn't seem to mind finishing the movies by himself.
Oh! A new revelation in the house. Bailey now refuses to call Josh, "Daddy". She will only call him "Dad", because "Daddy" is only for babies. Well...it could be much worse. Who knows what she'll call us behind our backs in another 8 years! :)

14 comments:

Pam said...

Glad to hear Skylie is doing well now. That is scary stuff. Poor Avery- I have heard it is super hard for kids to come out of the anesthesia but never seen it first hand. You are one strong woman! Take some time to relax since you are on spring break. Yeah for the fixed laptop!

Andrea said...

It was great reading about some of the recent details of your ever-crazy life!!

As for Skylie...if it makes you feel better, Malia only rolled over (from her back to her tummy) at nine months!! (coincidentally, that's exactly when she started sleeping through the night)

Jen said...

SO glad to see that cute smiley face of Skylie's and hear that she is doing lots better! Poor Avery, I hope things went smoothly... and YAY for the park. How fun!!!! I'm glad you were able to get out of the house to do something fun! Also, that's awesome the laptop was fixed so quickly. Let's hope it stays that way permanently!!! Go and relax and don't worry about the homework. You are on spring break and you more than anybody deserve a relaxing break! :)

Candygirlflies said...

Skylie looks fantastic! And so happy...

Zoinks, girl, you've had a lot going on in that household of yours... You constantly amaze me with your stamina and strength.

Lots of love to you and yours, from me and mine-- xo CGF

TheVasquez3 said...

YAY for the update on Skylie! i am so pleased to hear she is doing well. and she is sooo stinkin' CUTE!!

i hope Avery is on the mend...what a little cutie she is too!!

man a house full of cuteness...lucky you!

Erin said...

do u ever have a quiet moment? how do u do it all? ur like the energizer bunny...

Cassie said...

Hi...I am not sure how I came upon your blog...but I LOVE it...I have 3 children, 10, 8, and 4...and my 4 year old was hospitalized with RSV when he was 9 months old...We were in the hospital for 10 LONG days...He was on O2 also...Now we get to deal with severe asthma on a daily basis...yuck...still doing breathing treatments, and lots of meds...I am a Registered Nurse, that does photography on the side...come by and check my blog out...have a great week...

Amy said...

Just stopping over from the party. Sounds like you are busy at your house and things are hopping!

I've had one of those temper tantrums in my life too. Only we were in Toalmas, Hungary at a lovely little restaraunt and had to walk a mile back to camp. Crazy times!

Have fun at your party!

Lesley said...

Hi, Enjoyed your blog. When you ahve time, come by my party.

Lesley
www.pillowcasetalk.blogspot.com

We are THAT family said...

Welcome to the Party! What a great blog you have! It's going to be a fun week. Hop over to mine, so we can meet! Hope your little girl is feeling good!

common mom said...

Looks like lots of smiles - glad Skylie is feeling better and hope Avery is feeling well soon!

We LOVE going to the park with Grandma when she visits . . . how fun to spend time with family :-)

Your days make my life seem calm ;-)

Storm said...

Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

BrineS said...

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!

Steph said...

Glad Skylie is doing well! Poor Avery! Gotta love the anesthesia, NOT! Liv had her adnoids out at 2 1/2 and we had the same issue. Glad you got to go to the park!!