Sunday, March 23, 2008

Little One

All of my children have a special poem, that I wrote just for them. I didn't want to leave this Little One out. I have never shared my children's poems before, but this is somehow theraputic for me. Please don't copy it. This is published, yet personal.


One day, my precious Little One,
You’ll take me by the hand.
I hope that you will hold me close
and help me understand.
You’ll explain why I was chosen,
To miss out on your birth.
Why I was picked to be your Mom,
But never here on Earth.

One day, my cherished Little One,
I’ll take you by the hand.
I promise I will hold you close,
And help you understand.
That you were very wanted here;
I looked forward to your birth.
Yes, you are my chosen child,
But too special for this Earth.

13 comments:

TheVasquez3 said...

beautiful. thank you for sharing your heart during this truly personal time. i am glad that sharing is bring you some comfort.

in my prayers.

Crystal said...

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.

sheri said...

You are incredibly talented. That was so beautiful.

Pam said...

Simply beautiful.

I am glad you are writing and talking....this must be the hardest thing, but at least you are giving yourself permission to feel and not trying to hold it all in.

Happy Easter Leeann....though it may not feel like a happy, loving time in your heart- know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family!

Candygirlflies said...

Perfect.

xo CGF

Jen said...

You are seriously talented! Thank you so much for sharing this with us :)

Andrea said...

simply beautiful.

De said...

I know nothing can take away the sadness and questions that you have during this time. Please know that I am praying for you and that you are not alone. Many share this very sad common bond and can understand some of what you are going through. I just went saw the 14th anniversary of losing one that is waiting for me in heaven. It is something I remember every year. The poem is beautiful

~Blessings through this time.

Kelly said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing such a personal piece of your heart!

kellyo75 said...

That is so beautiful, Leeann. Again, I am so sorry you are enduring this pain.

Erin said...

both poems are so precious..

bequi said...

I want you to know I'm thinking about you and praying for you. I'm the kind of person who comforts through jokes and that seems to be the last thing you need right now. But if you're looking for a laugh let me know and in the meantime just know I love you.

mickey said...

You have so many talents, and such a good heart. I would be honored to call you mother. God bless.