Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update On Skylie

Well, as you can see, Skylie is off oxygen. She has been doing great with that, other than some lower oxygen saturation numbers while she is sleeping.
We were so sure we were going home today, but it was decided that she needed some more time. She is still a little wheezy and still requiring deep suctioning...something they will not allow me to do at home. She has recently spiked a small fever, too. So help me God, if she has caught some other illness on top of the RSV, I'm gonna scream.
I miss my kids. Several people have had the bad luck to receive a phone call from me, while I was crying. I've never been apart from them this long and it hurts. I cannot wait to be home with them again.
Several thank-you's are in order:
First of all...Mom. Josh has had to work nights all weekend and his Mom has been living at our house, taking care of all the kids. Due to all the germiness in our home last week, Josh already had to take time off and couldn't do it again. Mom volunteers, without hesitation every time we need her. I know she is worn out and it has been hard (although she'd never admit it) and there are no words to tell her how much I appreciate her help. I don't know what I would do without her.
Secondly, my husband. He is exhausted from work and dealing with the house and kids without me. I know he is stressed out, simply because I am stressed out. He hates to see me exhausted and sad...and I love him for it. He drove all the way out to the hospital yesterday...to bring me my favorite dinner from Cafe Rio and a hug. He knows that I won't leave Skylie, so I'm going all day without eating. I really, really love him for that. Not for the dinner (although my salad was YUMMY!), but for the sacrifice he made.
Thirdly, for all the people who have called/texted/IM'd/e-mailed, all day, every day, to check on us. Meme, Pepe, Crys, Nancy, Lacey, CGF, Coby and Rachel...I appreciate your love and support. It means so much more than you realize.
Being in this little room...half a room, really...is enough to make even a normal person insane. I realized how bad it was when Meme asked me how the weather was here. I had to tell her that I didn't know! I haven't been outside or even seen outside (I'm in the half of the room without the window) in 3 days!
So, here's hoping we come home tomorrow. If not, Josh is coming to relieve me for a night, so that I can go home to my babies and my bed. A night without hearing suction, beeping alarms and sickly coughs....surrounded by my babies...sounds like Heaven.

16 comments:

TheVasquez3 said...

i am so glad that Skylie is making such wonderful progress! answered prayers, for sure!

i hope you both get to go home soon and back to the rest of your babies!

you are in my thoughts and prayers.

BTW i called the temple yesterday and had your names added to the prayer roll.

Andrea said...

YAY for improvement!! I really hope you get to go home and have the WHOLE FAMILY all together again -- the way it should be!

So happy Josh has been so amazing! (and your mom of course)

craftaddictconfessional said...

Glad she is improving! I hope you both are home soon.

Crystal said...

I am SO relieved that Skylie is doing better and that you get to go home. I am SO sorry that I wasn't able to do more for you. I promise to make it up to you a soon as RSV season is OVER!!!

common mom said...

Oh there is nothing worse than a sick child . . . :-( I feel for you . . . and I'm praying for Skylie and your family! How blessed you are to have such a wonderful support group. I'm so glad to hear she is doing better!

Sharona said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing better. I hope that you can get home soon!

Coby said...

Isn't it amazing how much you miss those that drive you completly crazy. I'm sure you'll be going home today, back to your blissful chaos. Love ya

Jen said...

It's good to see Skylie is making progress! I hope you are able to be home with your other kids very soon! You are such a wonderful mom!

Jennifer said...

I am glad to read that she is making progress for the better!
And it's great to read that you have a good helper at home & the honey was so thoughtful to bring you your favorite dinner!!!

Sniz said...

A lot has happened since I was here last time! I was so sorry to read about Skylie! Oh, I hope she gets better soon and you get to see your babies!

bequi said...

So glad she's doing better! And so glad you have such a fantastic family!!

Steph said...

Im glad that she is doing better! I hope she can come home soon and am glad you have lots of people to help you out!! We did 2 days in Children's with non-RSV bronchiolitis and that seemed like forever to me. HANG IN THERE!!

Pam said...

I'm glad that Skylie is doing better but I am sorry that you are still at the hospital. It must be what is best- though I feel terrible that it means you are away from your kids again. I'm thinking and praying for you and your family! I'm so glad you have so many loving friends and family there for you!

Cricket's Hearth said...

You and your family are in my prayers.

Regina said...

I'm glad that Skylie is doing so much better. I hope you get that rest you so deserve!
When you get a moment come by and do a fun meme... no words or thinking needed, just have fun!

Nancy Brown said...

I so hate that feeling. I had that feeling with Ty in for 24 hours this last time .I hope she gets better faster and that you get to be home. There is no place like home

Nancy