Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Slippery When Wet

My kids love to mimic movies. We watch a princess movie, they'll disappear upstairs for dresses. Cheerleaders? Out come old Halloween costumes, complete with pom-poms.

But, they took it to a new level, this time. Bailey and Ryleigh were watching Disney's "Ice Princess" the other day. They both disappeared upstairs for old dance costumes and then they completed the look with roller blades.


Round and round the living room and kitchen they went, "ice-skating". I didn't realize how realistic they had made it, until I went into the kitchen for a drink.


All over my kitchen floor, I discover a billion melting ice-cubes. They had emptied out the ice bucket from our freezer and carefully placed them all over the floor.


Oh, yeah.


I can see them both thinking: "Mom says the nearest ice-skating rink is too far...we'll make our own."


How they skated on them and didn't fall...I'll never know.


It's hard to get mad at your kids...when you are laughing on the inside.

9 comments:

Jen said...

That is SO cute and funny! Your kids are so creative! I agree it's hard to get angry when you're laughing at them on the inside. . .

I'm sorry to hear that sickness has made it's way into your home too! I'm the cranky one of the house here as well and NO I can't blame you for being cranky. It's so frustrating and feels like all this sickness blah is never going to end!

I'm ready for the sunshine and days of playing outside!

Pam said...

That is so funny! When Ashlyn was smaller (Avery's age!) I had the hardest time because I could see the intelligence behind the misbehavior. So one one hand I was upset, on the other hand I was so proud of her intelligence and creativity. So I couldn't help thinking of how creative your girls were being!

Crys said...

That is SO funny. You have the most resourceful kids I have ever seen!

Stacy said...

So cute and funny! Great imaginations!

TheVasquez3 said...

VERY creative!!

once on a playdate when i was around 4 my little friend John and i decided to make snow. we acheived this by dumping the food storage size bin of flour all over the kitchen floor. i am glad we were at his house...his mom just took pictures. my mom would have done something else...i think.

yay for cool mom!!

kellyo75 said...

My kids do the same thing every time they watch a movie-how funny!! It was very nice of you not to get mad, it is hard to get mad when they are so darn cute!!

Anonymous said...

That's my grandchildren, quit the imagination. Gee, I wonder where they got that from? Love Nana

suebug said...

Oh my word!! I love it! That made me laugh out loud, your girls are so darn creative, crafty, but creative! They get that from you...the craftiness too!!! Every blog about your kids makes me laugh! (okay besides the sad ones that is)...

common mom said...

HA! Hey . . . wiping up melted ice cubes off the kitchen floor counts as mopping in my book!