Friday, February 22, 2008

Oxygen and Suction and Needles, Oh My!

Skylie 02/22/2008
Well, turns out it isn't just a cold. I took Skylie in to her doctor's today, because she just wasn't getting better. Her cough was yucky, she was barely eating and what she did eat, she threw up.
When we got there, she had an oxygen level of around 83. They gave her a breathing treatment and she dropped to about 75. So, the ambulance was called and she was rushed to Primary Children's emergency room. After 5 hours in emergency, they transferred us up to the the med/surg floor and here we wait. Her RSV test came back negative, but they are treating her as if she has it, because she has all the symptoms. ***UPDATE: The second set of tests came back and she is positive for RSV.***
She is on oxygen and doing really well with that. She tried her first bottle, since this morning and threw it up. She is finally sleeping...but a little too well, because her respiration's keep dropping to the lower 'teens. (Shouldn't go below 20/minute.) I have to keep startling her awake, to remind her to breathe. They are suctioning her out quit a bit and she HATES that! But, it helps her to breathe easier and not be so wheezy.
Being here is hard. It reminds me of when Avery was in the hospital with RSV. It doesn't help, that out of the 1,459,034 rooms in this hospital, we are in the very same one that Avery was in. I know that Avery was much, much sicker than Skylie is right now, but it's hard to see many of the same procedures happening again.


Avery 04/12/2003

13 comments:

TheVasquez3 said...

oh no! you are definatly in my prayers...Skylie is a trooper and i am praying for her too.

poor little sweetie, thank heaven she has you taking care of her.

Pam said...

Oh Leeann! You are always in my thoughts and prayers, but I'll be adding in a bit more for you right now! I know you must be a wreck (and how in the world did you end up in the SAME room). But I'm so thankful that YOU have her right now. I'm not sure that she would have been taken to the doctor otherwise. And you have the knowledge and love to get her through this.

Keep us posted when you can!

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, Sweetie... I'm so sorry. Praying for you all, and glad that you're such STRONG, SMART, WONDERFUL parents!

Keep us posted.

xoxo CGF

Crys said...

Oh Leeann... I am SO SO Sorry! I can't believe you are in the same room. I know how hard that is. When Noah was put back in the ICU for TALI he was put back in the same bed we were in when we first went to Denver and it was SO hard on me. PLEASE let me know if you need anything!!

I will be keeping Skylie (and you) in my prayers. I'm sure she will get better very fast.

Much Love,
~Crystal

kellyo75 said...

Poor Skylie. I hope she gets better so soon. She is such a lucky little girl to have you loving her and taking care of her.

Rachel said...

Oh, my dear friend! Do you need anything? Would you tell me if you did? Does Josh need anyhing at home? Such as food for the family? We can send over a hot meal...
Please let us help if needed.

Jen said...

Oh my Leeann, the things you are having to deal with! You poor sweet lady. Crystal told me you were rushed to Primary's yesterday! Just know you both were in my thoughts and prayers! Little Skylie is so blessed to have you watching over her! . . . I can't believe you are in the EXACT same room as with Avery? That's just so bizarre!
Keep us updated!

katie said...

I'm glad she has you and that you're at Primary's . It's an amazing place. Keep us posted.

Melessa said...

I was last in the hospital for RSV in 2002 with my 5 week-old. I am so sorry you are going through this again. I've been thinking of you all weekend.

suebug said...

You are strong, you are strong (THAT is your mantra repeat it daily 10 times!!) She is so strong (both Avery and Skylie) and she (both of them) are lucky to be in a home with a strong mommy, who is assertive, smart, and brave...I am praying for you...always, and for the kids!!!! Keep up the faith, and let me know if I can help i.e. run kids to school, dinner..WHATEVER!!

Steph said...

Oh my! You have my prayers! I hope she pulls through quickly!

Stacy said...

Poor Skylie! She is SO lucky to have you in her life. Let us know if you need anything!

maria said...

I just found you through WW and I am happy to hear that little Skylie is doing well. I can't even imagine what you must be going through.

God is with you.