Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Little of This...A Little of That

We love our Toyota Prius, but have decided that we need to "give" it to a better home. A home that wants the payment. So, in our efforts to be debt free in the next couple months (minus the house payment, of course), we purchased a beautiful '91 Toyota Corolla. It's old. It's beat up. It has a new engine and transmission in it. And we paid cash. All the better!

Skylie is doing great! Thanks for all the concern and prayers. She is back to her happy self and hasn't required a breathing treatment since Tuesday.
The tile work for our basement bathroom is finally completed! We are one step closer to having a completed basement and I cannot wait! The following are pictures of the shower and the floor.


Andrea at LifeSong gave me this award forever and ever ago. Due to circumstances beyond my control...it took me FOREVER to say "THANKS!" and to pass it to Crys at Memoirs of a Mommy.


Andrea also had a funny meme that she started called "SAY WHAT?"
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules on your blog.
2. Just list 10 things that won't likely ever come out of your mouth.
3. High-five (or 'tag') any amount of people to do the same on their blog.
4. Then come back here to Lifesong and let me know that you did it.
So, without further ado....here are mine:
1. "I just realized that I have absolutely nothing to do today!"
2. "Avery behaved all day and didn't get into trouble once!"
3. "No thank-you, I don't like chocolate."
4. "Well, since Grandma let's you do it..."
5. "I am all caught up on my scrapbooking!"
6. "Honey...you just lay back...I'll do all the work." (I just couldn't resist!) LOL
7. "I can't wait for the Jazz game to start!"
8. "Here honey, let me gut the fish."
9. "I agree. Your kids are cuter than mine."
and lastly....
10. "No thanks, Mr. Ed McMann. I have no use for that."

11 comments:

Pam said...

I love list of ten things! Funny! I also am SO glad to hear that Skylie is doing better!!

Crystal said...

I guess I am kinda sassy! Thanks for the love, Leeann!!

Andrea said...

Hey SASSY MAMA...you did a great job with that new hoopla! I loved your list!

Glad your niece is doing well.

And your shower looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Jen said...

Your meme cracked me up! I LOVE your bathroom! It's also wonderful to hear Skylie is doing a lot better! YAY!

Also, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for me today! I truly appreciate it! :)

TheVasquez3 said...

oh that list was AWESOME!! you seriously are the coolest and i just heart you and your bloggy goodness so very much!

livin' with me said...

I love the bathroom! It looks great!! And I totally understand about the car- I always say as long as it gets me from here to there then it is perfect for me

Mom said...

First off, so glad that Skylie is doing better. Sorry I haven't called but I've been so busy running around, life is crazy right now. Second, I loved your list. I haven't laughed that hard in so long. It was totally awesome.

common mom said...

Yeah on Skylie! That's great news!

I hear ya on the cars . . . not having a payment is awesome! Our car can't make it up the hill to our house half the winter, but we're not willing to give it up because we paid cash for it.

Awesome bathroom! The tile looks very much like the tile in our remodeled bathroom :-)

And I LOVE the list . . . made me laugh!

Have a great weekend :-)

Steph said...

Woohoo for only having a house payment and YAY for Skylie feeling better! I love your shower!

Mary said...

Glad the little one is feeling better. Love the list! I'd have to say a couple of those would be on mine, too.

mickey said...

Nice new car, I am so proud of the two of you. Way to go, debt free is the way for me. Kudos! I miss you, and your blog, sorry I've been mia, again, I know. Love ya!