Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #21-Who Knew?

13 Things You Never Knew, Thought About Or Pondered
(but you will now!)

1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)

2. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
(COOL!)

3. A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(Wow.)

4. A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
(Creepy.)

(I'm still not over the pig.)

5. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
(Do not try this at home. Maybe at work.)

6. The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
("Honey, I'm home. What the....?!")

7. Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig ...quality over quantity)

8. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

9. Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump
(OK, so that would be a good thing...)

10. A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(30 minutes. Lucky pig. Can you imagine??)

11. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)

12. Starfish have no brains.
(I know some people like that, too.)

13. Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)

Thursday Thirteen

16 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

hilarious! yeah, the first time i heard about the pigs orgasm, i got a little jealous but then i thought, if human orgasms lasted that long, we'd probably all be dropping dead of heart attacks!!!
that was a great tt!

Playful Professional said...

We watched a show on the Discover Channel about lions a couple weeks back and I just looked at my husband and said, "You should have been a lion," cause all they do is eat, sleep, and mate all day long while the females do everything else. Tough life!

fullbodytransplant said...

I'm still not over the pig either!

Thank you, you just made my day.

De said...

The pig thing got to me too, until I I started really thinking about it. I'm sure it's not a mutual thing for both pigs. Then I'm thinking...that would suck to have to wait another 30 min for the grand finale to end. lol
Blessings!

theqcontinuing said...

Another fun fact:
Dogs have a gland below their anus that secretes a fluid similar to flouride. When a dog is cleaning themselves, they're also practicing good oral hygeine! This is why dogs don't get cavities (generally speaking).

Where did you get your facts? Was it a cool book I can read?!

common mom said...

I LOVE this :-) Thanks for posting this - I needed a pick me up :-)

Have a great Thursday!

betty said...

I'm jealous....who knew pigs were so blessed?

Candygirlflies said...

Hell, I'm still not over the praying mantis...

My God, woman, you make me laugh.

xo CGF

Andrea said...

Those were great facts! Who knew about the pigs??

Pam said...

Your comments were hilarious! Some of that is amazing...some of it is just gross and creepy! I'll be thinking of that pig all night!

Miranda said...

Lol seen this before, yet I still envy the pig. ROFL.

Great list, happy TT!

TheVasquez3 said...

in my next life i want to be a pig!! holy moly!!

i am not over that info either...AWESOME!!

smdew said...

Too funny! I saw it before, but you can't read that and not chuckle! Thanks for the laugh!

Regina said...

what if the lion had sex with the pig?....

Nicholas said...

re #3, that is just not right! The universe should be ordered differently.

Jen said...

These are hilarious! I enjoyed them! Thanks!