Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #17-Home Improvements

Thirteen Home Improvements We Completed Over Christmas Break

1. Painted family room walls with a brown faux finish.
2. Painted frames red barn red and hung up family photos.
3. Sprayed plate holders with textured spray paint and hung photos in them, instead of putting frames directly on the wall. Pretty neat, huh?
4. Painted homemade frame with barn red paint and hung up new family photo.
5. Painted kitchen stools red to match apple decor. The red now flows from the kitchen to the dining room to family room. Gotta tie together the open spaces!
6. Painted master bedroom walls with a light blue faux finish.
7. Made "love each other" sign with vinyl letters on glass. (Sorry, picture isn't great. I had to take it without the flash.)
8. Antiqued the frame for the "love each other" sign.
9. Took nightstands we got for $5.00 from a hotel doing redecorating and antiqued it.
10. Added knobs to the dressers. Left-overs from the kitchen drawers.
11. Painted children's bathroom green. Matches their rug and bathroom stuff.
12. Painted frame/shelf to go in children's bathroom.
13. Added 3 cute photos to the frame/shelf.

Thursday Thirteen

19 comments:

Sandy Carlson said...

Love Each Other is a great part of a set of renovation projects. I would have to start there to keep my temper and my zealousness in check! (Actually, my sign would read: Silence!) Good for you for getting all that done. Happy New Year.

SJ Reidhead said...

I am impressed! I managed to get the garbage disposal fixed, but that's about it!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Andrea said...

YAY for you and the collage! It turned out really great!!

The improvements to the house all look great too. Well done!!

Dane Bramage said...

great pics! Great list. My home improvement list has dwindled to repairing last year's home improvement atempts. It's hard to find good help these days.

My Thursday 13 #63 is up early. It is 13 Celebrity Births in 2007 kind of the opposite of last week's post. Stop by if you get a chance.

mom huebert said...

Wow--- you got a lot done! I love your brown faux finish, and the red picture frames. And the plate holder idea is great. I might use that myself!

Nicholas said...

You've been very busy!

damozel said...

Good Lord. You really were busy! I feel quite useless by comparison. Well done....

13 Unresolved Issues from 2007

Thess said...

That's a lot of hard work, well worth it. I love what you did with the drawer.

Happy New Year!

Thess of:
http://eetsmakelijk.thesserie.com

Pam said...

Wow- you were busy! Very nice work though! I'm home with sick baby - darn ear infections!!

Regina said...

Wow... well that's one way to spend the holidays! I love the color of that wall in the middle top picture, Awesome!
Kudos to you for making things happen!

Pamela Kramer said...

Well you ROCK don't you? Way to go. Happy TT.

Siani said...

You've just put me to shame! The nearest I've come to making home improvements recently, is putting in a new light bulb. Happy TT!

Sniz said...

Girl, you are talented! You have a great eye for color and lie me, you like to do projects that aren't extremely costly, but make a big impact! I loved these, especially the letters on the glass. I'm so impressed you got so much done over break! Yay!

Candygirlflies said...

Zowie. Your place looks GREAT.

You put me to shame... I haven't even had the energy to take the tree down yet, and was feeling all smug and self-congratulatory that I actually got the vaccuming and laundry done this afternoon...

Keep up the good work!! Where on earth do you people get all your energy???!!

xo CGF

TheVasquez3 said...

oh oh oh i loooooove home improvments and decorating!!

my hardest decorating challenge to date was my daughters request for a "monkey bathroom". talk about a tall order. but i did it and she and her little friends loooove it! check it our on my blog here is the link to that post so you don't have to hunt for it...lol

http://thevasquez3.blogspot.com/2007/09/monkey-see-monkey-wantholleeann-do.html

Mom said...

Nice work Leeann. You should get into home decorating. You could make a bundle.

kellyo75 said...

Looks great! I love everything, especially the vinyl lettering. I sell Uppercase Living which is vinyl lettering, and I am always impressed with what can be done with it.

katie said...

Awesome! I bet you feel great getting some things done. I'm truly impressed!

Steph said...

Wow! You were both VERY busy! I love the plate hanger idea!