Tuesday, January 22, 2008

They Make Me Laugh Everyday

(4 year old cuts out two cartoon bears she colored. She then squishes them together, making them kiss.)

4 year old: "I cutted them out for them can kiss!" (quite proud of herself)
1 year old: "Ewwwww!"

I hope he always feels like that! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(6 year old finds a note that Josh left me on my nightstand.)

6 yr old: "I found a letter in your room." (hands it to me)
Me: "Okay. Thanks."

6 yr old: "It has a bad word on it."
Me: "Really? (laughing to myself, knowing where this is going) What bad word?"

6 yr old: "The "s" word."
Me: "What "s" word?"

6 yr old: (whispers) "Can I spell it?"
Me: "Sure."

6 yr old: "S-E-X-Y"
Me: "Sexy?"

6 yr old: "Yeah!"
Me: "Why is that a bad word?"

6 yr old: "Some boy at school said that to Coral."
Me: "Hmmm. Do you know what it means?"

6 yr old: (shakes head no)
Me: "Well, it's not a word that you need to use, but when you are a grown-up, it just means beautiful."

6 yr old: "Oh. Okay." (blushes and walks away)


That'll teach me, for teaching that kid to read. Daddy better be careful what he writes! :)

10 comments:

Pam said...

That is too funny! Ashlyn told me I was bad the other- and for the life of me I couldn't remember what I had done that was so bad. So I asked her and she told me I used the bas s word - stupid! Yup, that is what I get for telling her it is a bad word and not to use it. ;) Kids sure do make life fun!

Andrea said...

HA HA HA HA!
Naughty daddy...

sheri said...

rofl!
Yeah, my ds (6) said, "hey mom, you said the 's' word"...totally talking about 'stupid'. Phew! lol

Mom said...

Perfect answer for a 6 year old.

Steph said...

Aww! That's great! Liv thinks hate is a bad word (we've actually taught her that) so she says "the h word" when someone else says it to her.

TheVasquez3 said...

i looooove that your husband left you a note on your nightstand with the word sexy in it...THAT is awesome!

theqcontinuing said...

When I was her age, I thought that sex and sexy were bad words, too.

mom huebert said...

These conversations were hilarious!

Sniz said...

HAHA! My kids still giggle when they hear the word "sex" and the youngest one is nine! My son used to think "sexing" meant that a man and woman took their clothes off in the same room!

suebug said...

I throughly LOVE your girls, each one is such an indiviual, and I love their spunk and spirit, just like their mommy!