Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Taco Hell Bell

So, today I had the grand idea of trying to get a little bit of work done while the 1 and 2 year old watched TV. I set them up with their favorite show, gave them a cup of Craisins and snuggled them on the couch.
I walked over to my front room, only a few yards away. About 6 minutes later, I get up to check on them. I swear I didn't hear a thing that caused me any concern during those 6 little minutes.

Into the living room I walk and see: every cushion on my very large sectional has been ripped off and thrown on the floor....Craisins are scattered ALL over...on the floor, on the cushions on the floor, on the couch, in the sleeper-sofa part...and there are my children sitting calmly, eating tortillas.

Wait.

I don't have any tortillas.

I look it over. Soft, fresh looking. Okay, it didn't come from inside the couch. (Don't judge me! My couch is known for eating things. Who knows what they could have found!)

Then, I see the box. A Taco Bell dinner kit. Ahhh....that's where the tortillas came from....it's ripped open.

That's when I really notice the mess amidst the mess in the room. My darling daughter had ripped open the red sauce packet and squirted it EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. Three spots on the couch, one spot on the sleeper-sofa part, seven...or eight...or twelve spots on the rug, all over the DVR and DVD player and on the entertainment center.

I'll be damned if I can make that sauce packet stretch over the 10 tacos the kit is supposed to make...but my daughter can decorate a freaking room with it.

13 comments:

smdew said...

Oh no! That's funny in an "I am so sorry" kind of way! Where do kids learn this stuff?

Pam said...

How the heck did she even open that packet? I can never open those things without a fight!

Ari_1965 said...

Oh, gosh, will you ever be able to get the sauce stains off the couch?

Crys said...

Oh my goodness! Uhm.... good luck with that! ;)

Steph said...

Oh.My.Goodness!!!! I can just picture it! I agree, I can never get those stinkin packets open.

Mom said...

Wish I would have been there, it kind of reminds me when I moved our hutch and found all kinds of goodies behind it. My mom always said, "What goes around, comes around!" I laughed my butt off!

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness. Not only did she make the sauce stretch to cover the living room- but how in the world did she get that packet open? I can never get those stinkin' things open. (Maybe it's like those outlet covers that toddlers have no problem removing, but I can't get off for anything)

Were you able to get it cleaned up? And if you were- what is the secret? I know one day I will need to know.

Melanie said...

btw- I hope you took pictures. One day it might be just a little bit funny.

Livin' With Me

Candygirlflies said...

Hey, after three kids, my "clean-up technique" has become:

When all else fails, paint the walls to match the stains.

Hope you like rip roarin' red...

xoxo CGF

common mom said...

I'm laughing . . . sorry . . . but it IS funny ;-) It's amazing what kids can do with a tiny bit of "something" - I hope you got help cleaning up the mess :-(

And the couch - I STILL haven't found my favorite scrunchie that I lost in my couch - 7 years ago - and yes, we still have the couch - it moved to our new house with us - apparently the scrunchie did not.

sheri said...

Oh no! You'll join us in the laughter someday. no, really!

Sniz said...

Hahaha...aww, I am so sorry...hahaha...that really stinks....haha...I really, really am sorry, Leeann. I hope you can get the stains out. Reminds me of when my daughter and her cousin painted with real paint in the paint-with-water coloring book. And used the sofa as a table. That's when I found out how much I HATE Oxyclean.

Andrea said...

I'm with Pam...how did she even open the packet??