Friday, January 4, 2008

Random Recipes #1-Soup

Chicken Tortellini Soup
(6) 15 oz cans chicken broth (or make your own if you are so inclined)
Carrots, Onion and Celery (Add to your liking...I use about 1/2 onion, 2 celery stalks and 25 baby carrots cut up)
(3) Chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
Parsley and Pepper (Add to your liking)
(3 Cups) Frozen Tortellini

Bring broth, veggies, chicken and spices to boil. Turn down to simmer and cover. Simmer about 1.5 hours. Take out chicken breasts and shred with fork. Add back to soup and bring back to boil. Add Tortellini and boil as directed on package. (They vary, depending on the brand. You boil anywhere from 3-8 min.)
Viola! Done!
The kids even love it! Serve it with salad or bread and a cold glass of milk.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, my mouth is watering! Thanks for playing along! yum!

Mom said...

Sounds just like your dad's but he uses the real thick noodle's. The most expensive one's on the shelf. Maybe I can get him to use your recipe next time.

Melanie said...

That sounds delicious! I'm curious- how many servings does that make?

Livin' With Me

Andrea said...

Mmmm...anything with chicken scores points with me!!

katie said...

I think you've felt my "i really need some new soup recipes" vibe. I made homemade chicken noodle soup last night and now I'm on a soup kick. Thanks for the recipe.

TheVasquez3 said...

mmmmmmmmm i love tortellini soup...it is my daughters FAVORITE soup that i make. i REALLY like the 5 cheese tortellini from costco, it is yummy!

Sniz said...

OK, we love soup around here and almost everything I make has at least three or more of the ingredients here, so we WILL be making that! Thanks for sharing!

Who Am I? said...

I'm making this on Tues. for dinner with the very precious tortellini I hauled back from Trader Joe's. (I love that store and the closest one is 8 hours from here.) I'm looking forward to it.

Melessa