Friday, January 18, 2008

Random Recipes #2-Birthday



So, umm...I'm gonna cheat a bit. Pam at "Random Thoughts" does a wonderful Random Recipes every other Friday. Today's theme is your favorite birthday recipe.


Well.


I didn't really do it.


See, instead I was at the hospital visiting Mickey, from "Life Simply Lived" because she was celebrating a very special birthday today! Beautiful, Natalie Marie was born this morning!

I'm sure once she gets home, she'll post some pictures. Be sure to stop by and ooh and aah over them!

So, in honor of Natalie, her Mommy and Daddy and her siblings at home...I give you:

Recipe For A Happy Family
1 Husband
1 Wife
Children (several)
1 Set of Scriptures for each
Generous portion of Prayer
3 cups of love, packed
1 pkg. of work
1 pkg. of playing
1 Tbsp. of patience
1 Tbsp of understanding
1 Tbsp. of forgiveness
1 cup of kisses
MIX THOROUGHLY AND SPRINKLE WITH AWARENESS. BAKE IN MODERATE OVEN OF EVERYDAY LIFE, USING AS FUEL, ALL THE GRUDGES AND PAST UNPLEASANTNESS. COOL. TURN OUT ONTO PLATTER OF CHEERFULNESS. GARNISH WITH TEARS AND LAUGHTER. ADD IN LARGE HELPINGS, SERVE GOD, COUNTRY AND COMMUNITY.


9 comments:

zamejias said...

Wow! I love this one a lot. Thanks for sharing this recipe - I'll let my husband read this.

TheVasquez3 said...

i seriously need to try this recipe...it sounds extreeeeeeeeemly delious!

Pam said...

I don't think you cheated at all- this was wonderful! Congrats to Mickey on the new baby!

Regina said...

HA! I love your recipe!
Blessings!

Sniz said...

Did you write this? It's beautiful!

Melanie said...

This is beautiful. I love this recipe. We're going to have that here at our house!

Shellie said...

I like that recipe, and no messes in the kitchen afterward!

Heather said...

This is great! Love it that it takes a husband AND a wife to start the family.

Andrea said...

That was so cool!! Did you write it??