Friday, January 25, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I got this wonderful award from my good friend at "I Can Fly. Just Not Up."

She is an amazing friend and always knows just what to say. I can go to her with any question and if she doesn't know the answer...she will find someone that does.


I am going to pass this on to everyone on the right side of my page. If you are listed there, it means that I check on you just about everyday. My day would not be complete without looking in on your world and seeing how you are doing. I couldn't get by without a "Daily Dose" of your humor and your stories. Please be sure to take this and use it wisely! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we finally have a court date for my niece! Febuary 4th, we will be going in, trying to get temporary custody of her. This has been long coming. We haven't seen her since December 17th and we miss her a lot. Hopefully her paternal grandparents won't fight us too hard and the judge will see that in the absence of both parents, our home is the best place for her. We offer a stable, clean and loving home. Most importantly, we offer a home free of drug addictions, drugs and drug paraphernalia. Pray for Skylie!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom is doing well. After the wonderful news that the tumors in her liver and lungs were shrinking or disappearing, we received some more great news: the tumor in her brain lining did react to the radiation and has shrunk as well. We know this does not mean a cure, or even a chance at remission, but it does mean TIME. That's all we can ask for right now. Also, tomorrow is her birthday! Happy 47th Birthday, Mom!

10 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Happy Birthday, Mom!! (((((BIG HUG)))) You and your family leave me in awe...

And, what WONDERFUL news about your niece!! Leann, THIS could be the answer to your prayers about a baby... I hope so!!

Finally, thank you for your kind words. You're a true gem.

xo CGF

Crys said...

The news about Mom is the best news I have heard all day! This is wonderful! And a BIG happy birthday to her as well!

Skylie continues to be in my prayers.

Sniz said...

I'm glad to hear your mil is doing so well, respectively. And man, I sure hope you get custody of your niece!!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! And it is wonderful news about her cancer. We'll still be praying. I am glad you have a date set for the custody too. I'll be praying for that as wel....I have to believe that a judge will be able to tell you are an amazing mother and this little baby will be best cared for by you!

TheVasquez3 said...

great news about your mom, miracles do happen. i will keep Skylie and y'all in my prayers, for sure!

and YAY i am on the list!! i did not even know i was on the list so i am seriously doing the happy dance!!

Jen said...

Thanks for your comments, you're so nice! I'm so glad to hear about your mom and that she's gonna get more time! What a miracle! I really hope you get custody of your niece. I've been reading more of your blog and really enjoy it and know that your home would be a PERFECT place for your niece to be! GOOD LUCK! My prayers are with you!

sheri said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!
And good luck on Skylie...it should be a no-brainer...you're both wonderful parents already.

And it's true...you're totally one of my Daily Doses. LOVE your blog!

Andrea said...

Oh, I'm SO happy to hear about your niece. Keep us posted...I really hope you get to take her home with you.

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mom!! I love all the good news!!

Erin said...

such awesome news.
best of luck in court!

Steph said...

I check on you too and cant get by without your stories either! YAY for your mom! Happy Birthday! I will keep Skylie and that situation in my prayers.