Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Married Him For His Looks

Me: "Are you ready for me to start dinner?"
Josh: "It's just Shake 'n Bake. I can handle it."
Me: "Well, okay. Thanks." (Because I am working and if I stop I won't get done till late.)
Josh: (staring at the box of Shake 'n Bake)
Me: "What do you need?"
Josh: "How much butter....?"
Me: "Butter? Butter? For what?"
Josh: "Well, I don't know..."
Me: "It's Shake and Bake...why would you need butter?"
Josh: "I don't know."
Me: "So, you just looked at the box and thought, "Butter...It'll need butter!"...?"
Josh: "Well, I've never done this before."
Me: "Cut up the chicken. Put it in the bag and cover it with the seasoning. Shake it. Then...bake it. Hence the name Shake and Bake."
Josh: (sticks tongue out at me)
Me: "You realize I'll have to blog this now, right?"
Josh: "Shut-up." (Walks away. Shoulders slumped. Defeated.) LOL

9 comments:

Pam said...

Good hubby for wanting to make dinner and help....bad hubby for giving you something to blog about ;) I can relate- I've had hubby was warned and now I'm blogging about him moments. It is good our hubby's are cute and their kids love them ;)

Regina said...

Hope YOU can make it through HIS making dinner!

Andrea said...

No way!! Butter?!?

sheri said...

Butter, eh? rofl!

Candygirlflies said...

Hey, EVERYTHING'S better with butter (in my humble opinion!!)

Your husband sounds like a gem!!

Glad you're getting work done, and that you've got an enthusiastic husband to help out.

xo CGF

livin' with me said...

Oh, that is just too funny. Thanks for the laugh this morning!

suchsimplepleasures said...

hilarious!
oh...cool tt!! i'm just reading some posts...don't mind me!
have a great day!

TheVasquez3 said...

"you realize i will have to blog about this now?"

i say that ALL the time!!!

suebug said...

hheehhee, Josh I love the socks off of you, but seriously...BUTTER in shake-n-bake! Bless you for trying, and this is coming for Mrs. Can't-cook, leave that kinda stuff to the Mrs. of the house okay!!