Saturday, January 19, 2008

Can You Keep A Secret?

Josh has been SO amazing these last few weeks. I have been so busy and he hasn't complained once about me being gone so much. It seems like everyday he has been off, I have been gone, running around. Between dealing with my neice's issue, being "Mom", school, the gym, homework and work....I am going 24/7. He is so patient with the kids and has been very understanding about the fact that I am exhausted. He spent all day yesterday catching up all the laundry and playing with the kids (my house is a freaking WRECK, but I'm trying to tell myself that it doesn't matter.)

So, to surprise him, I just ordered some books he has been wanting. (Luckily, the man doesn't read my blog.)

The first book is one that he read and loved. Sadly, the 2 year old ripped a bunch of the pages out, so I am replacing it for him. The second is the sequel to the first. He wanted to buy it the other day, but I told him to wait for paperback. Hardback is so freaking expensive! But, I looked it up today and that book doesn't come out in paperback till the end of 2008! That is too long to make him wait! The third is just another book by this author. I figured that he could try out this one, too.

I can't wait for him to get them! He will be so surprised! So, shhhh....don't tell.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Good hubby! I'm proud of him for supporting you when you need it!

You are right - being mom, wife, and your classes are more important- the house will wait. The mess will wait- only do what you absolutely must - that is what I do.

You are sweet to do something loving like that for him. Don't worry- I won't tell!

Mom said...

I won't tell!

Andrea said...

Aww...you're so sweet. I loved that picture of you two...so fun!

sheri said...

How sweet of your husband AND you!

TheVasquez3 said...

what a sweet honey, your secret is safe with me!

Rachel said...

I LOVE that picture of the two of you!
RAWR!!

Sniz said...

That's so cool that you're doing that for him! I love the picture, BTW!

Steph said...

YAY for a GREAT hubby! I hope he enjoys the books!

Regina said...

Aren't you sweet!! won't he be surprised, or you'll be even more surprised to find out that he does read your blog!! Either way someone will be surprised! Enjoy!