Monday, January 21, 2008

2y + 3(-4y - 6) = I'm Crazy

When my oldest child was teeny, we started doing something a little different. When she would scream and pitch a fit until I let her in climb in the shower with me, we would sit on the floor of the shower and draw on the foggy, glass door. Since then, three more little ones have joined in on drawing time. (Not usually all at once!) :)
This is where my kids started drawing shapes, learned to write the alphabet and practiced writing their names. It is actually calming, to sit there in the hot water and draw pictures.
However, I crossed the line today.
I found myself in the shower alone...which is a rarity in this house. Did I relax under the hot water?
No.
Did I allow myself a little day-dreaming time?
No.
What did I do with my rare alone time?
I practiced algebra equations, on the foggy, glass door.

12 comments:

annie said...

I don't think you're crazy. I may be laughing, but it's not because you're crazy!

Candygirlflies said...

You're not crazy.

You're a sick-o.

ALGEBRA???

Alge-bleah...

xoxo CGF
(who can't do math)

Steph said...

Hey, whatever works!! That's a great idea by the way!

Regina said...

You have succeded in brain washing yourself. You must be very talented!

Sniz said...

You know I homeschool right? My eighth grade son is doing pre-algebra this year, but it's really like algebra I had in high school. I was always a good math student, but art and writing was my focus. Well, now that I'm teaching him the very types of things you wrote on your shower door, I'm LOVING it and even do HIS assignments for fun, just for me (he doesn't know I do this), the night before. So I'm crazy too!

TheVasquez3 said...

ummmm yea you are a total nutcase...i mean algebra? puhlease!! does anyone actually use that stuff?

i do love the idea of drawing on the steamy glass with my little ones tho...that sounds sweet!

Pam said...

That is not crazy- it is good to keep your brain sharp! Now, if you can come up with an equation for sleep...I'm willing to pay for that one!

Crys said...

I have yet to learn something about you that I didn't admire. You Rock!

sheri said...

You're crazy. But then again, I just wrote the equation out on a piece of paper to see if I could figure it out. It's finally hit me that becoming a mom has made me loose every last brain cell. Great.

Mom said...

Some things never change do they? You are a riot! I laughed my head off cuz I could actually picture that.

Andrea said...

Oh, that's funny. Next time you have the rare privilege of a shower by yourself -- TAKE THE TIME TO JUST RELAX UNDER THE WARM WATER!! And that's an order!!

ps: with the 'linky love' hoopla -- yeah, you can just copy & paste it and the links all stay with the names. although, on Pam's blog, all the blog names are separated with a | ...but when I copied it, those lines somehow disappeared. oh well!

theqcontinuing said...

I draw dirty pictures on the glass.