Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #13-Advice To Myself

Thirteen Things I Would Say To My High School Self



1. You will survive. Even when you're sure you won't. What seems like a big deal now, is really a minor hiccup in life.


2. You know how you think you are fat now? Well...enjoy the body you have. You will never get it back.


3. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. The people that matter, don't mind, and the ones that mind, don't matter.


4. Don't stop dancing. You will regret it for the rest of your life. And...your solo was great. Screw that judge.


5. Don't waste your time on him. Don't let the things he says to you, make you feel bad about yourself. He doesn't grow up to be anything special. In fact, I'm not sure he ever grows up.


6. Think of all the dreams you have for your life...not a single one is going to come true. Not one. But you know what? Reality ends up a lot better than those dreams, anyway!


7. Take the time to talk to someone new. Everyone is fighting some kind of battle. Make life a little easier for them.


8. Your very best friends...are still your very best friends. You may be separated by time and distance for a while, but they still fit like an old glove.


9. Take care of yourself. Take up running like you want to. You'll thank me later.


10. She isn't really your friend. She is a back-stabber. Do not tell her anything or divulge any of your secrets to her. Don't worry though, she gets hers.


11. You are stronger than you think you are. You will have the last laugh.


12. Enjoy your youth, while you have it. You will grow up too quickly and miss the time you had, to just be a kid.


13. Nothing I say is going to get through to you...so I reserve the right to say, "I told you so."

17 comments:

Sniz said...

Love this list. It causes me to think all kinds of interesting thoughts.

Dont make me get out my flying Monkeys! said...

Great Thursday Post! Come on over and take a sip off my blog before its all gone!

FRIGGA said...

That was a great idea, and some very good advise! Happy TT :-)

Crys said...

A I read through this I kept thinking what I would put for my list. Then I came to # 13 and thought... well that would be enough for me. I can't even begin to tell you how stubborn I was... and still am. I would have done the exact oposite of what anyone told me even if it come from my future self. Hopefully, now I would listen.

Coco said...

Wow. I love what you wrote. Especially the part that your reality is much nicer than the dreams. I'm happy for you :)

Candy said...

While reading this I was thinking what I'd love to say to my younger self. But, like you, I was (still am!) pretty stubborn. :o)

Di said...

I think I will send this to my 14 year old!

Amy Palko said...

What wonderful advice! The teenage years can be so awkward, can't they?
Lives Less Ordinary

She Became a Butterfly said...

wonderful!

Steph said...

I love this post. There are things Id love to say to my teenage self

MamaLee said...

OMG, I was SO small in high school. Crazy, huh. Great list!

Happy TT!

Mom said...

WOW!!! My baby has grown up to be such a smart woman!

Andrea said...

Your lists are always so creative. I loved this one and I wish I had my adult-self around when I was a teen to tell me some of these things.

Linda said...

Too true, too true. Nice list, Thanks for being vulnerable.

Pam said...

Great list! Can you tell all these to my daughter? Shew won't listen to me as she grows up, but maybe she will listen to you. You are so wise!

Nicholas said...

If only I could be 17 again and know what I know now!

Who Am I? said...

I'm right with you-especially #2, #5, & #8!

Melessa