Thirteen Things I Would Say To My High School Self
1. You will survive. Even when you're sure you won't. What seems like a big deal now, is really a minor hiccup in life.
2. You know how you think you are fat now? Well...enjoy the body you have. You will never get it back.
3. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. The people that matter, don't mind, and the ones that mind, don't matter.
4. Don't stop dancing. You will regret it for the rest of your life. And...your solo was great. Screw that judge.
5. Don't waste your time on him. Don't let the things he says to you, make you feel bad about yourself. He doesn't grow up to be anything special. In fact, I'm not sure he ever grows up.
6. Think of all the dreams you have for your life...not a single one is going to come true. Not one. But you know what? Reality ends up a lot better than those dreams, anyway!
7. Take the time to talk to someone new. Everyone is fighting some kind of battle. Make life a little easier for them.
8. Your very best friends...are still your very best friends. You may be separated by time and distance for a while, but they still fit like an old glove.
9. Take care of yourself. Take up running like you want to. You'll thank me later.
10. She isn't really your friend. She is a back-stabber. Do not tell her anything or divulge any of your secrets to her. Don't worry though, she gets hers.
11. You are stronger than you think you are. You will have the last laugh.
12. Enjoy your youth, while you have it. You will grow up too quickly and miss the time you had, to just be a kid.
13. Nothing I say is going to get through to you...so I reserve the right to say, "I told you so."