Monday, December 10, 2007

My Life As A Sitcom

So, I had a conference call with my work from 3:30-4:30 today. As I rushed home from picking up the 1st grader, I gave the usual threats instructions.

"Stay upstairs. Play with the babies. No yelling, hitting, touching, pinching, flushing anything down the toilet, putting anyone in the toilet or peeing on the rug. If you don't listen I will kill you, maim you ,spank you, be very angry."

Just as I am dialing the number for the call, I hear a scream and a "Mommy is going to be so mad at me!"

Well, that's never a good sign! Up the stairs I run, to find the largest glass of chocolate milk (which I don't know WHY it was upstairs to begin with) you have ever seen...spilled all over the rug.

As I run for a towel, a scream comes from downstairs. "What now?" I scream calmly ask. Bailey yells, "Lukey just dumped Avery's potty on the rug. It was A LOT of pee!"

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Needless to say, the kids did not behave during the call. Thank goodness for the mute button!

6 comments:

Regina said...

LOL!
next time try a room with no carpet, a favorite movie, and cookies! or you could try bribery, oh wait never mine they are too young for that, well keep that in mind for when they are between 5-12!
Hope you still have a job!
Blessings
Regina

Who Am I? said...

Are you sure you aren't blogging about MY life?! I'm so sorry-I have those same days.

Melessa

Steph said...

Oh my!!! What a day, huh? I agree, baby gate them in with a movie and goodies.

Pam said...

You need a vacation! Come join me o mt island paradise!

Andrea said...

oh, wow. your life always sounds so chaotic...how are you still SANE??

Andrea said...

p.s. i tagged you for a 'hoopla' on my blog...go check it out!