Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Yeah, it's that time again. I only want to make resolutions this year, that I have a fighting chance of keeping. So, losing 50 lbs and becoming a millionaire are still in the back of my mind....but I'm not going to kill myself if I don't achieve them.
With that said, my most important changes are:

1. No more pop. Yes. I am giving up my fabulous Diet Coke with Lime. Oh, how I will miss you. You have been good to me these last several months. (See, I gave this up last year, too...lasted about 6 months. I've got to beat that, this time.)

2. No more yelling. No yelling at my kids (who will attempt to test my resolve on an hourly basis), my husband (who also made the same resolution...we'll see how THAT goes) and the dog (even when the kids let him in from the outside, with muddy feet...and he runs across my freshly shampooed carpet).

3. We will have Family Home Evening EVERY week. It may not be on the traditional Monday night because of Josh's schedule, but some time during the week it will be held. This is important to our family, but something that falls on the back burner due to our ever demanding schedules.

Okay. Three things. I think I can handle it. What about you? What changes are YOU making this year?

7 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! You took on some tough stuff...I think I would have an easier time losing 50 lbs then not yelling....I tend to fall back on yelling when I am tired and since that is all the time...well, you get it. Good luck! I hope you can accomplish these goals. Family night is so important- and so hard to get in- but I know you will do it because you love your family so much. I did a funny blog like this because I am really bad at keeping my resolutions. Happy New Year to you and your family! I hope 2008 is a wonderful, blessed, happy, healthy and loving time for your family. You have seen your tough times so I hope 2008 brings some joy to you as well. I'm looking forward to all you have to say in 2008! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Regina said...

Huummm, good luck with that no yelling thing (no yelling, yea right)! I'm sorry to hear that you are getting rid of your kids... oh your're not getting rid of them... hummm, then how do you propose to stop yelling??? Oh crazy, crazy, Leeann, I'll pray for you!

Happy New Year to you and yours!
Blessings, Regina

TheVasquez3 said...

the no yelling would be an easy one for me, i need to yell more..sounds like it might be good for the soul to let it out now and then. i could never give up my diet pepsi...i am not going to even try, i admire you for that. the FHE goal is a REALLY good one. i am most def gonna add that to my list!

Andrea said...

Hey! It's my first time to your blog...but I really enjoyed reading it already - and I love your resolutions. :) Which reminds...I REALLY should think of some yet. :) I think I still have a few more hours... hehe :)

Mom said...

My new year resolution this year is not to make a new year resolution. I try everyday to better myself so no need to make one. Also, good luck with that no yelling thing. Been there and couldn't do it.

Andrea said...

I read this list yesterday and decided I would claim the 'no yelling at my kids' one for myself...well, I already broke it this morning!! I'll start again....

(as for giving up pop -- good luck, girl!! my two-week-pop-hiatus was long enough for me!!)

kellyo75 said...

Every year my resolution is to stop yelling. And every year, I last a week or so. I hate it. I hate yelling. I gave up soda last year. I won't say that I haven't had it AT ALL throughout the year, but I don't have it every day anymore. Maybe once a month I treat myself with a diet coke. Yum. I really like the FHE resolution. I will definitely throw that one out to the hubby. Friday Night sounds good for that-movies, games, popcorn, goodies (maybe even Diet Coke!) I am getting excited for it already!