Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm An Over-Achiever...Err...Sorta

Holy Mother of Mary...what have I done? Wouldn't you think that one week of chaos was good enough? Apparently, it wasn't. I have to be the over-achiever of insanity and I have registered for college classes.
My Tuesday nights will now be filled with talk of "If Susie can jump 13 inches high and Harry can jump 17 inches high, who forgot to pay the power bill?" and "Eat veggies! Chocolate is bad! Chocolate is the devil. Worship the asparagus!" Yes, I am going to try to survive a math and nutrition class. I'm sure my math class will be filled with super-smart high school kids and I'll feel retarded. My nutrition class will be filled with incredibly good-looking skinny people. Yeah, they'll use me as the "before" picture of total body health.
I know, I know. I'm being unrealistic. There won't be really, really smart people in my math class. I'm taking such a "beginner" class, that it is probably similar to a "English as a Second Language" class. The people in there, have probably never seen numbers. Cave drawings are their only formal education.
I am excited, don't get me wrong, but I'm also nervous as hell. What if I'm the oldest one there? What if no one will sit with me at lunch? What if the professor is younger than me? What if my back pack is the wrong color? :)
Oh yeah, and those important concerns, like, "Who is going to feed the kids dinner?" and "Who will put the children to bed?"

3 comments:

Pam said...

You are too funny! I love your humor!

I'm super proud of you for taking the classes...it is hard to do something different and unfamiliar. But you will be great!

I was taking two classes when Ashlyn was an infant...someone always fed her and got her to bed. And, hey, that Avery, she is a resourceful one. She will draw a map to the cupboards on the walls or write you a name on the door so you know what happened while you were at class...you know, so you feel needed while cleaning up after her ;)

Enjoy those classes!

Sniz said...

Good for you, Leeann! I can just imagine that is how I would feel in your place, but how exciting! The thought of going to school with grown ups and actually studying something that might actually be adult in content...well, it sets my little heart a pitter patter!

TheVasquez3 said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. i will poke around here and add you to my blog roll so i can remember how to get back and read more!

i love new bloggy friends!!