Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #10- Random Facts

13 Interesting, Yet Random, Facts



1. It is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.


2. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.


3. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.


4. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.


5. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.


6. On average 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.


7. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.


8. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.


9. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.


10. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.


11. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand 7 feet, 2 inches tall.


2. Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.


13. Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow.



17 comments:

Nicholas said...

You mean all these years, people have been calling me a pregnant goldfish?

grace said...

Barbie is a giant! Fun TT.

Wolfie said...

Still can't figure out why we can't lick our elbow..hehee..

Melanie said...

Really? People are dying from choking on a ball point pen. Wow.

MamaLee said...

Can I lick YOUR elbow? LOL

Happy TT!

betty said...

I tried "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" five times and couldn't get it right lol.

Mommy said...

1. Sorry, I didn't try to lick my elbow cuz I know it's impossible and....
2. Where do you get this stuff?

Andrea said...

HA! You're right about #13 (at least for me!).

Those were really great!!

SJ Reidhead said...

I love it. Thank you for the twit information!

Impressive!

The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Common Mom said...

Fun post - thanks :-) Ducks can't echo and elephants can't jump - who knew!

Candygirlflies said...

When I was a little girl, someone told me that only fairies could kiss their elbows... and if I could do it, then it would mean that I was magic, too.

Been trying ever since.

xo CGF

Pam said...

Oh boy! I better stop putting my pen in my mouth! And, no I didn't try to lick my elbow...but only because I have heard that before!

Regina said...

fact #3 about the rats was very frightening. My kids have been trying that elbow thing for years!

You have beeen tagged so come on by.
Blessings!

Bloggers said...

The one about the electric chair really freaked me out.

mickey said...

I wouldn't dare, I can barely reach my toes, and that's with my hands. i miss you.

Nancy Brown said...

I didn't lick my elbow.. I didn't even try but I wanted to till #13. Great list!!!

kellyo75 said...

Whoa, those ARE interesting. I didn't try to lick my elbow, though. I don't fall for that...anymore. I did try the first three times I heard that, though! Oh, I knew Barbie was a freak of nature!!