Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mommy's Third Day

Stan is in my class. He's been very accommodating when we need him for demonstrations. Today, we had to practice "occupied bed changing." Poor guy is sitting there in nothing but a hospital gown, while we roll him all over the bed, and change the sheets.
We're new at this, so we saw more than we planned on. See, you are supposed to keep the patient covered with a sheet the entire time you are changing the sheets. Well, we rolled him a little too quick and there was his bum, poking out for the world to see. Then, out of curiosity, one of the girls quickly ripped up the front of his gown, to view the front.

Yeah, she really did.

Stan is our very "anatomically correct", medical dummy. He didn't mind. LOL

8 comments:

Pam said...

Oh too funny! I love hearing your stories from class! Oh man! How in the world do you ever change sheets with someone in the bed AND keep them covered?!? Glad Stan played along well. (I'm desperately trying to come up with something funny about Stan and his anatomy, but alas, nothing is coming to me!)

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. Remember when I worked at WJ Care Center? Had to do all that and shower them too. Fun fun!

Kellan said...

That was funny!

Common Mom said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love that you're finding the humor in your class . . . and I love reading your posts about it. Definitely keep them coming :-)

Andrea said...

I was starting to gasp at the one girls' boldness to lift up the sheet, until I realized that Stan was most likely a dummy (really -- I did catch on before you said it was a dummy...honest, I did!)

Steph said...

Mwahahah!!! Thats Awesome!!

kellyo75 said...

That's so cool!! That SO would have been me..."I wonder JUST how anatomically correct Stan actually is!"

Regina said...

Thanks for the clarification! I was getting a little concerned about what kind of "class" you were really in!
Glad you are having such a good time so far!

Blessings, Regina