Friday, November 2, 2007

I Am Blessed

I am blessed to have this little girl as my daughter.


Josh was able to stay home yesterday, so that I could rest and try to get feeling better. He had to go back today, leaving me with the four kids, the two girls I baby-sit and a whole lot of running around in the car to drop off/pick up kids at various schools.
My little Ryleigh has been the BIGGEST help today. While I am on the couch trying to keep my eyes open, she has been taking care of her little sister and little brother.
(Between you and me...I think she's enjoying playing "Mommy." I keep hearing her call them her "little daughter" and "little son.")
She has been playing with them, putting on plenty of Dora the Explorers and getting them something to drink. She even chases them around and cleans up their messes.
I don't know what I would do without this darling little girl! I love you, Roo!

10 comments:

Mommy said...

Sounds just like her mother when she was that age except she was taking care of her mommy when she was sick.

Regina said...

Isn't it awesome, when you can look at your kids and see the greatness in them!
Blessings!

Pam said...

Glad that she is being such a great helper! Sometimes our kids just show us all that is good and right in the world. Yeah for you for raising such a caring and loving girl!

Candygirlflies said...

I took my eldest daughter out for an afternoon and a "mini pedicure" after she helped SO much while I was deathly ill last summer... We both had a lovely time. She makes me so proud-- makes me realize I must be doing SOMETHING right around here...

You must feel exactly the same way today.

Hope you're feeling better!!

xo CGF

Cecily R said...

She is adorable. What a blessing it is to look at your kids and realize that you actually like them and love them!!!!!

Steph said...

Thats so great that shes been so helpful! :) Its great when our children suprise us.

suebug said...

she sounds just like her mommy. Attentive, loving, kind, and very willing to serve. She is beautiful!

kellyo75 said...

What a beautiful little girl. Se sounds like a sweetheart-lucky you!!

Sniz said...

She is SOOO cute! I LOVE it when my 8 year old plays mommy. She takes it very seriously too, constantly checking on the person to see if there's anything she can do for them. It's a beautiful thing!

ZAM said...

What a sweet girl you have here. I would love having one daughter (or more..heheh) like her.