Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Change Your Clocks Forward One Hour?

Wow. For a day that started off with nothing to say...I've gotten quite chatty!
So, I put my kids to bed an hour early tonight.
What? Don't look at me like that.
They can't tell time.
They didn't know the difference.
I needed it.
After a day of running around, elementary school, pre-school, reading to the 1st graders, cleaning, catching up on dishes, cleaning out the van, homework, playing games, feeding the masses and bathing 4 squirmy bodies....I'm tired.
They'll forgive me.
If they ever figure it out.

6 comments:

Pam said...

You Go! I love it! I am so glad you took the hour for yourself. Sometimes...we need it to save our sanity and everyone who lives in our house. And, as you said, they can't tell time! Of course, when they can, they may catch on ;) until then, keep up the good work! Maybe I should try that with Ashlyn- I put her to bed at 8 and she finally falls asleep at 9...maybe if I put her to bed at 7, she will be asleep at 8. You may have started a new trend!!

Andrea said...

I love getting the girls to bed a bit eary some nights. I'd never be brave enough to do it a whole hour earlier though, 'cause I'd be too scared that they'd be up WAY too early the next morning.

But I'm glad you took that extra time to yourself...sounds like you needed it!!

kellyo75 said...

I ENVY you. I would love to put my kids in bed a whole hour early one of these days. I could get a full extra hour of ME time. Lucky you!!!

Mom said...

They never have to find out. Unless you tell them later when they are married with kids of their own and you do it to them. AI did it with you kids. It was great. An extra hour of peace is good for the mind and soul.

Candygirlflies said...

Brilliant.

Now, if I could just put ME to bed an hour earlier, instead of using the extra time to run around like a crazed maniac trying to tie up loose ends...

xo CGF

mickey said...

they never will, keep doing it and your sanity will thank you for it. what time was early for you? just wondering.