Thursday, October 18, 2007

We're Breaking Up

Dear Hair,
Well, I'm sorry to say, that this relationship is over. You have been great, don't get me wrong, but I'm moving on. We are on different paths in our lives and it is time for us to part. This is the longest that we have been together, but it's time for a change.
You have always been very good to me and I am thankful for that. You looked just right on the important days and tolerated the teasing that I have put you through. We have had some good times and you always took a dye job really well.
I know we had times when we disagreed; like when I wanted volume and you felt flat was the way to go. Or when I wanted shiny and you went for the dry look, but I was always thankful that you were around.
I know that we will meet again in this lifetime and I promise to treat you better. My only request is that next time, you follow the straight path, instead of the wavy path that I have dealt with all these years.
I will miss you, but I will make it through. Don't worry, it's me, not you.
Love,
Leeann

12 comments:

Common Mom said...

I love your post. You are very brave and loving and sweet. I am thinking about you!

Pat Garrard said...

Your gift is soo overwhelming, I have no words to even say. I really do love your hair.

Crys said...

I think this is the sweetest thing ever!! You are amazing! But don't for one second think you can get away without posting pictures! :)
~Crys

Shalene said...

Ok, I think I must have missed something. Why are you and your hair "breaking up?" Are you donating it, or are you just getting it cut? Please don't tell me that you are losing it because of cancer. That would just break my heart! Anyway, I'll peruse your blog, and see if I find anything else about your hair. BTW I'm tempted to break up with my hair too, after yesterday. I found my first grey hair yesterday, and I wasn't happy about it! :) Blessings to you! Forever In Him, Shalene

Shalene said...

Ok, I found out why you are shaving your head, and I think you are awesome to do so. My daughter and I are also growing out our hair to donate to Locks for Love, once it's long enough. Though I hear that they don't take hair that has been colored to make the wigs, however they do take it for some other reason. So we're doing it. (I haven't colored my hair in awhile, and neither has she, but it still would have to grow out completely and be cut off, and grow out again, before we could donate, so we'll do it the easier way first. I think you are great to do this for you mother in law. Blessings to you!

Melanie said...

I scrolled down through your blog to try to figure out why you were breaking up with your hair.

What an amazing thing you are doing. I don't even know which words to say. You're an amazing person!

Pam said...

I think your hair will understand! You are so wonderful to do this for family...you are an amazing person and you inspire me to be better too! Good luck...once the first "cut" is over it will be okay because then there is no turning back....I'll be thinking of you. You are a strong, loving women and you and your hair will meet again soon enough. Love your spirit and compassion!

Regina said...

WOW! Awesome love and selflessness! You will be mightyly blessed.

Nancy Brown said...

I think it is amazing what you are doing. Hair will grow back and if I had the courage to do it I would

Shaunda said...

I think you are amazing and very brave... I really LOVE this post. HAPPY Sweetest DAY to YOU!

CresceNet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

This post was SO creative and funny. I love your positive attitude about this all.

Good Luck!!