Monday, October 29, 2007

Wally World

I'm getting sick of Wal-mart employees. After my last run-in with a cashier, they really aren't my favorite people.
Tonight, as I am standing there with my 2 full shopping carts and my 4 children, the lovely cashier made a comment that made me want to kill her.
Okay, maybe not kill her...but a few slaps to the face would have been justified! I am trying to unload my groceries on to the conveyor belt, while trying to calm my one year old, who is in the middle of a screaming fit.
Why was he screaming?, you ask. I don't know. Apparently 45 minutes buckled in one spot is too much for my 17 month old, little boy.
The lovely cashier (who, might I add, was about 60 years old and must forget what it is like to shop with children) has the audacity to say to my son, "Well, that is completely unnecessary."
Excuse me? Who are you? What gives you the right to speak to my son like that? Can you not see me trying to calm him? Are you so old that you forget what it is like to have children, that do not behave perfectly all the time? Can you not recognize a woman who must have so desperately needed groceries, that she would dare take four children aged 6 and under, to the store with her?
Throw me a bone here.

12 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

To which I would have replied, "Oh, I don't know... have you looked in the mirror yet today? OH, SORRY... I didn't know you were wearing a Hallowe'en mask!!"

Crabby old cow.

Kudos to you for restraining yourself.

xo CGF

Pam said...

I'm pretty sure a good kick in the @@@ is what that old man needed. I remember the one and only time I went shopping with both kids myself...I will NEVER do it again. Sometimes people just have no self control on what comes out of their mouth. I tend to get high blood pressure every time I am in wal-mart! Hope the groceries were yummy at least once you got home!

Nancy Brown said...

I tend to get high blood pressure and I WORK THERE!!! However I am that "girl" with the keys... that everyone has to wait on. Honeslty, let the cashier supervisor know or the store manager. The only way to fix it is to inform someone. I hate jerky cashiers and tend to send them into the store or into the bathrooms to clean.... Sorry that walmart is so yucky. Seriously, I get heartburn everytime I work with a certain women.... No fail 10 comes and I am reaching for the pepto!!

Mommy said...

I'm a Wal-Mart employee and I even agree that that she was out of line. Try talking to the manager next time. You might think that it won't do any good but it really will. I would say something but I would lose my job if I said anything negative to another Wal-Mart employee. Please except my apologize for her comment.

Common Mom said...

Sorry man! You are much better at restraining yourself than I am . . . I would have had to say something to the cashier. Sometimes that filter in my brain just shuts off ;-)

Steph said...

UGH!!! You are a BRAVE woman for taking all 4 of them shopping. 45 minutes is a long time for a 17 month old to sit, poor lil guy! STUPID, STUPID woman!

Andrea said...

WOW -- the nerve of some people, hey?

You are a brave, brave, BRAVE woman for going to Wal-Mart with your brood of young children. I hate going just with my TWO kids!

Patriot said...

I avoid Wal-Mart altogether! I feel your pain!

Hi! I came across your blog tonight. Just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting - come check it out! Have a great rest of the week!

Regina said...

I LOVE Walmart! It is one of the few places that really put my christian faith to work!!...EVERY time I go there! I love to get those kind of cashiers because right after I cash out and tell them to have a very blessed day, I ask them where I can locate a manager and once i walk over to the manager I enjoy "pointing" to the cashier in lane 3, right over there! and telling the manager about her attitude.
such joy!!!!
Did you know it takes more muscles in your face to frown then it does to smile. Walmart helps me practice smiling also! Who knew Walmart could be so helpful!!
Blessings!

Sniz said...

Oh my goodness. What a terrible thing to say. When I was a flight attendant, passengers would ask me to make a baby stop crying in the airplane because it was bothering them. Say what? You're right, se did deserve a slap!

kellyo75 said...

First of all, you have all of my respect just for daring to take 4 kids into Wal-Mart. Secondly, what a hag! I hate when people butt into my business. You should have slapped her. It may have done her some good. I think I would have said, "No, lady, it's not necessary, but it IS completely age appropriate!"

Nap Warden said...

Ok first off, 4 kiddos under 6...There should be some kind of national medal for that! Second, is it the old ladies who make these comments? Do they not remember having kiddos of their own? Obviously you are doing the best you can with a handful...If you can't say anything nice, keep it to yourself old woman!