Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #8-I Believe

13 Things That I Believe

1. I believe that people can change...but I don't always believe that they have.

2. I believe in forgiveness...but only if you are truly repentant.

3. I believe in God...but I won't judge you, if you don't.

4. I believe in speaking your mind...but not to the point that you intentionally hurt someone else.

5. I believe in prayer...but I know that the answer I am looking for, isn't always the one I get.

6. I believe in helping those that need it...but only to help them, help themselves.

7. I believe in trust...but realize that once broken, it is difficult to repair.

8. I believe in choice...but a child, is not a choice. The choice is in having sex, or not.

9. I believe in love...but I believe that you can love for the wrong reasons.

10. I believe in honesty...but I can understand being afraid of the truth.

11. I believe in Hell...but I know, more often than not, that we create our own.

12. I believe in respect...but I know that this needs to be earned.

13. I believe in my children and their ability to make the world a better place...and I always will.

Thursday Thirteen

17 comments:

Sandy Carlson said...

I believe these things, too! I especially believe my daughter will bring good gifts to the world. With prayer, love and respect. May she too always believe these things!

Nicholas said...

I believe in some of those too.

ellen b said...

Whoa! that is a thought provoking TT. Blessings on you...

Kathy said...

those are great! and very well expressed, I might say. Thank you for sharing!
Have a great day!

Natalie said...

What a great list of beliefs!

BTW...you've been gifted with a 'sweet treat' over on my blog!

grace said...

Great things to believe in. A heartwarming list. Happy TT!

Wolfie said...

Hey..great list..thanks for sharing...
I believe in God too..

Nancy Brown said...

Those are SOO GOOD.

Adelle said...

Very inspiring words. Thanks!
Happy T13!
Mine's up http://adellelaudan.blogspot.com

Yen said...

I believe in those things you mentioned too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts:) What a great idea!

Mine is up here;
Thursday Thirteen!
Happy TT!

Andrea said...

That was beautiful Leeann! I believe every single one of those as well.

p.s. love the new design of your blog. it looks great!

Joyismygoal said...

I say Amen those are very thought out and sincere beliefs and i hold most of them too, thanks for sharing

Sharon said...

AMEN to #8! Good for you for stating your beliefs.
I enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing. :)

Pam said...

Wow! What a list! you are so amazing and have such wonderful thoughts and insights. Have you ever thought about publishing these things? I will have to revisit this list time and time again to remind me to keep these fresh and in the front of my mind!

Regina said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing those.
Blessings!

Sniz said...

These were poignant and well-worded. Number 8 rawks!!!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful list. One of the best TT I have ever seen. I agree with each and every point you made.