Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The "Talk"

So, I had the talk tonight with the 2 older girls. It went something like this:

Me: "Do you know why Mommy and Daddy and Grandma are shaving their heads?"
Daughters: (head shaking no)
Me: "Well, Grandma is really sick and she has to take some medicine to help her to feel a little better. This medicine will make her hair fall out, so we are going to shave our heads to support Grandma. "
(Now, this is where I prepare for the tears and the questions. Instead, I got:)
Daughter #1: "Oh, okay. Can I have a drink?"

Well. I'm glad they absorbed it all. And I'm glad that I have stressed about this conversation for the last month! :)

4 comments:

mickey said...

It amazes me when we stress over something and kids just get it. wow.

De said...

That has happened to us SO many times. How funny!
There is an award for you at my blog.

Robin said...

Kids do just get it or accept things more easily without worrying about. I applaud you and your family and how you are supporting each other.

Robin in CA

Pam said...

Kids sometimes just get it....we re the ones who have such a hard time...so glad it went well though!