Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5-Hopes For My Children

1. I hope that my children truly know how much their Dad and I love them. Unconditionally.
2. I hope my children stand up for what they believe in and don't let others change or mock their values.
3. I hope that my children can be the voice for those without one. The weak. The innocent. The weary.
4. I hope that my children develop the self-confidence to completely love themselves.
5. I hope that my children accept people for their differences and love them for their diversity.
6. I hope that my children believe in themselves and know that they have the ability to change the world.
7. I hope that my children learn that true beauty is in a person's actions and not in their appearance.
8. I hope that my children are honest and never let anyone or anything alter their integrity.
9. I hope that my children realize how important education is and take advantage of this opportunity while they are young.
10. I hope that my children can experience having their heart broken...and falling in love.
11. I hope that my children will have the experience of being parents. Only then, will they understand being able to completely sacrifice yourself for another person.
12. I hope that my children can look back on their lives and be happy and proud with the decisions that they have made.
13. I hope that my children appreciate life and realize the gift that it is.



21 comments:

AF Wife said...

Wow! Every parent should write that down for their children! Happy T13!!

Chelle Y. said...

You have the same hopes for your children as I do mine!

Great list! :)

Secret Agent Mama said...

I think I will tuck this idea away for another day. What a wonderful, wonderful list!

ellen b said...

Good hopes...

Pam said...

I love this list! I hope these things for my children as well....great list! Thanks for sharing.

Nicholas said...

Good list. I would hope that all parents share those hopes.

Yen said...

Beautiful! Every parents hopes only for the BEST for their children:)That's including me:D

Thanks for sharing! Happy TT!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Wow, so much of this is what I, too, strive to give my kids. I think I'm getting through to them; I just hope it continues.

Happy TT!

Candy said...

Wow, this is such a wonderful list! I recently gave birth so I can now relate with each of your hopes which reflect my own. Happy TT! :o)

Lori said...

What a great list...I think we all want our kids to have things to be thankful for and to learn lifes lessons without too many scars. Happy TT.

Wolfie said...

Wow...a very touching list..I hope ur kids will get to read them..I've similar hopes for my daughter too..

Bloggers said...

Love it. Great 13.

My 13 is up on
Working at Home mom

amypalko said...

Wow! What a beautiful, inspiring TT. Thank you!

mickey said...

Wow Leeann what a list. Can I copy it and use it with my kids? For I truly wish for those things too!

Denise Patrick said...

What a great list! I think every parent wishes those same things for their children. I know I do!! Thanks for putting it down.

Happy TT!

Journeywoman said...

Well said.

Happy TT!

Crysm said...

This is the best TT13 I have ever read!!

Buck Naked Politics said...

What a great list. The crucial thing is that you know how important each item is, which ups the chances that your hopes for your children will be realized.

J. Lynne said...

What a beautiful, inspiring list!

I did something similar this week; I wrote about the advice I'd pass on to young women.

Happy TT!

Mommy - aka Nana said...

I hope all my grandchildren have everything you have listed and I hope my children do too. They are all teenagers or adults. I don't think its to late for my children and I will always have hope in them.

Sniz said...

SOOOO true! I wish all of those things too, but its so cool to see them all written out.