After my week of a pity party...here is my list.
My list of the "little things" I take for granted.
The Little Things
1. When I wake up in the morning and find a note that my husband left me. Just Because.
2. When my children clean up without being asked.
3. When a friend calls "just to talk." Adult conversation is reason to get excited around here!
4. When my children are getting rowdy in church and a nice man sitting next to us pulls out a roll of lifesavers and entertains them for the next 30 minutes.
5. When older ladies give me a knowing smile in the store and comment, "I remember shopping with my children." It's nice to know that someone is understanding and not criticizing my screaming 1 year old, my messy-haired 2 year old, my 4 year old riding under the cart and my 6 year old begging for a treat.
6. When my husband puts the kids to bed at night...
7. ...so that I can take a hot bath.
8. Friday nights when my mother-in-law takes the 4 and 6 year old for a sleepover.
9. Being a WAHM. I can bring in some income, but never miss anything in my children's lives.
10. Medical insurance. It's not anything you think about until someone gets hurt or sick.
11. The internet. It is such a prevalent thing now, that we take it for granted. I'm glad that I can research anything at will and I'm thankful for all of the people I have met in "cyber-space."
12. TIVO. I can record anything and then watch it later, after the kiddos have gone to bed. No interruptions!
13. Excedrin Migraine. Enough said.