Friday, September 28, 2007

Resourcefulness at it's climax!

My stroller came! I am so excited and have already taken it out for a run or two. It works great and I look forward to more time pushing it! Now, with that said. I want to share some pictures of...no, not the stroller...but the box it came in. Who knew that a box could provide such entertainment for the kids and laughter for the parents?

The night that my stroller came, I went upstairs to check on the kids before I went to bed. I couldn't find Bay anywhere. She wasn't in any of the normal spots: her bed, her floor, our bed, our floor. After some searching, we found her in the stroller box! Only her feet were poking out. By morning, she had rolled out and Scottie, our cat, had taken up residence.




The next day, the "bed" turned into a clubhouse.
This house comes complete with two windows
and a door that opens and closes.


"Mom, what does No Boys Allowed mean?"



It has cramped quarters, but they are hoping on adding
a second wing and a swimming pool next summer! :)



Then, the house turned into McDonald's.
"Would you like fries with that?"





Oh, to have a child's imagination!





4 comments:

De said...

My kids still love boxes. What fun. Have a great weekend! We are heading off for a mini vacation so no blogs for me for a couple days. Oh well, vacations are worth it.
~Blessings

Common Mom said...

I LOVE playing with boxes . . . as do my children ;-) We've had vans, space ships, toilets (yes, I have a boy who thinks that was hilarious), and all kinds of stuff. One of these years I'll actually get up enough nerve to wrap boxes - empty boxes - for my kids for Christmas :-)

suebug said...

I STILL love boxes. Maybe my mentality is the same as our 4 year olds, but so what!! such creativity shouldn't go wasted!

Pam said...

How wonderful! I am so glad you are enjoying the stroller and your kids are enjoying the box. I just love the way they were so imaginative.