Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Great-Great Aunt

SPRINGVALE -- Emma Belanger, 100, of Springvale, died unexpectedly on Sept. 6, 2007, at The Lodges in Springvale. She was born in Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada on June 15, 1907, one of eight children to Alphee and Suzanne (Melanson) LeBlanc. She came to Springvale as a child, attending schools in Nova Scotia and Springvale. Over the years, she had been employed in several local shoe shops. She was a communicant of St. Therese of Lisieux Parish, Notre Dame Church. Family members recalled her love of baking and cooking.
She was predeceased by her husband, Wilfred Bonhomme Belanger in 1993; and by her seven siblings, Camille, Arthur, Angus and George LeBlanc, Eva Perreault, Mamie LaChance and Anna LaChance. Survivors include her son Norman W. Belanger and his wife Rachel of Sanford; two grandsons, Michael Belanger of Portland, Marc Belanger of Sanford; a great- grandson, Ethan Belanger of Sanford; several nephews and a niece.

My Great-Great Aunt Emma was a great, great woman. I loved going to her home to visit her and listen to her stories. She always loved getting pictures of my children. I am so glad that I had this amazing woman in my life. She was the definition of faith, love and perseverance.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'm sorry for you loss...you have a great attitude about honoring her and remembering her. Thanks for sharing!

suebug said...

You are so tender when it comes to family, sorry for your loss! She sounds amazing!

Mommy said...

I will miss her dearly and she will always be in my heart and prayers. She was a great great woman considering that she raised my mom. Now I have someone else to pray to to watch over my family and keep them safe. She was also my god-mother and I will love her always.