Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Fall Tradition


One thing we love to do as a family, is hike the trails around Spirit Lake at Brighton Ski Resort. On Fall Sunday afternoons, when we are all done with Church, we pack a picnic and take a ride to the resort. The trail is only a little over a mile around the lake and then we treat ourselves to lunch.



It doesn't matter what we do, it's just fun when we are all together. We all love being outside, looking at the leaves that have changed colors, getting some exercise, laughing together and making memories. This is one of my favorite ways to end Summer and welcome Fall.

6 comments:

De said...

What a fun family day. It looks like it was such a perfect day for a walk like that.

Common Mom said...

Great photos! Like you, a hike with the fam to enjoy the outdoors is my idea of a perfect afternoon. Welcome fall!

suebug said...

I love your style! The outdoors are healing, they bring you closer to God! Spending it with your adorable family is that much MORE like heaven...not to mention I LOVE FALL!! :)

Pam said...

That looks like a great family day! I love the pictures and the family time. It looks so beautiful, calming, and refreshing!

mickey said...

Once again I love your pictures, they make me want to go there.

Shalene said...

that is so neat that you do that. We went to Yosemite National Park not too long ago and did a whole hike around the wilderness thing. We often go to the mountains near our home and hike around or go to the lake. We also went to Crater Lake in Oregon a couple weeks ago when we were there for a little mini vacation (it was actually work for one day for my husband, but the rest was a mini vacation.) I wish the photos I took of the lake had come out better. They were too small to really see. (I forgot to change the settings on my camera phone.) :)