Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Chicken Soup For MY Soul

Well, I found someone who has been having a worse couple of days, than I have. I have a wonderful friend who's stress has matched mine over this last little while, however, to add to it, she is pregnant. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a soft spot for pregnant women.
So, after speaking with her last night (well, I use speaking loosely...it was more of her crying and me listening), I knew I needed to do something. Wednesdays are my crazy days, I spend most of it in the van shuttling little humans to 1st grade, pre-school and 2 different soccer practices. Usually I have about 1 1/2 hours at home, in which to do all of my cleaning, laundry and my work.
Today, I decided to bag it all (who needs a clean house anyway?) and drive 30 minutes to my friends house to bring her some homemade Chicken Soup, for dinner. She needed a hug, way more than I needed a clean house.
After my own "pity-party" for the last two days, it felt good to do something for someone else. Sometimes, when your life is crazy, if you put yourself on the back burner and do for others...your own life straightens out on its own!
Chicken Soup for MY Soul
2 qts chicken broth (or make your own)
1 chopped onion
2 chicken breasts
3 cut up carrots (or use about 20 mini carrots cut up)
1 T parsley
Salt/Pepper to taste
2 cups frozen tortellini
Bring everything except tortellini to boil. Simmer and cover for 1 1/2 hours.
Take out chicken breasts and shred or chop.
Add chicken back to pot and simmer until close to dinner time.
Bring back to boil and add tortellini.
Continue boiling for 8-9 minutes, or until tortellini is done.
ENJOY!

5 comments:

Pam said...

You are such a good friend! We all need people like you in our lives! I wish that I lived close to you so I could have come helped you out on Monday...I am so glad that you were there for your friend. As you said, who needs a clean house...the house will wait, the laundry will wait, but you made the important choice of being a friend first! Hurray for you!!

mickey said...

I thank the Lord for the friend you are to me. Thank you dear friend you are so good to me thanks, with love.

tiffany said...

I adore people like you. Thanks for taking care of one of my friends!

lizzie said...

i know it might be a stretch, but eagle is only 6 hours away.

thanks for taking care of my friend.

suebug said...

There is a REASON your are so loved, and that reason is you are AMAZING to the people around you! What an amazing friend you are! Love you!