Thursday, August 9, 2007

Will work for food. Or a soft bed.

Well, we are leaving for our camping trip in the morning. Four days in the wilderness with a lot of family. Sadly, we are one of the few "poor" going. We actually have to sleep in a tent. No soft bed for us. :(
I read this somewhere and it made me laugh. It really sums up our vacation.

"Why do people find camping the all-American past-time? Why do they work their butts off all year and save up their vacation time...so that they can pretend to be homeless for a week?"

Just pray for me. I don't want to get eaten by a bear.

7 comments:

katie said...

I highly recommend going someplace close so that you can go home to sleep. One day I'll be a really good camper. When my kids aren't so little and we buy a camper. I just don't see the point sometimes.

Mommy said...

Camping is suppose to bring family together without the TV on, the phone ringing or the cops showing up at your door with your dog. Enjoy the relaxation.

Annie said...

My husband and I got a tent and two sleeping bags for our wedding over two years ago. We organized under our stairs the other day. The tent is still in the original box, as is one sleeping bag. I've used to other a few times. I'm just a hotel kind of girl! Good luck!

lizzie said...

hope you have/had fun!

suebug said...

yes, please, don't get eaten by a bear...hey our ancestors slept on the ground...suck it up woman!

suebug said...

Oh...and how do I "add" people to be on my "special friends" thing?? I am so far behind on this blog site thing! HELP!

Common Mom said...

I love this quote! We just got back from 10 days in MN . . . for 4 of those days, the hubby and I went to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area with some friends . . . we camped on the ground in tents with no water, electricity, cell phone service . . . nothing for 4 days. The kids went camping with G'ma and G'pa . . . in a nice trailer with air conditioning, DVD players, a lake, a playground, and bikes :-)