Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Revelations




What I have learned on this...the first day of school.

1. Those huge families that you see on the Discovery Health Channel that have 14 kids and home school...do it because there is no way that they can feed, clothe and find shoes for all those kids in time for the first bell! Keeping them all home, in pajamas and barefoot is much easier!

2. Childbirth pain in no way compares to the pain of leaving your 6 year old, in a desk that is way too big for her, for the first time.

3. My daughter is "boy-trapped" in her desk. Apparently this means that she has a boy sitting on each side of her, in front of her and behind her. The wonderful thing, is that she does not like this. In 10 years, I know that disgust will not be the primary response!

5 comments:

katie said...

Sooo cute! 1st grade has been a huge adjustment for me. I really don't like having my oldest gone all day. Good thing she likes school. Sometimes i want to keep her home and send my other girls!

Mommy - aka Nana said...

She's a beauty! Sure glad I got to see her in person on her first day of 1st grade. Love ya Bailey!

Annie said...

I heard on the news that the average family will spend $537 to get their kids back to school. I sure hope that wasn't per child! I don't ever remember spending that much! She is adorable!!!

ray said...

I can't believe you have a kid in school! Where did the time go???

mickey said...

Not the dreaded boy trapped? Kenzi always talks about that, even at home. When Megan and Kenzi sit on either side of Drew he is girl trapped!!!

I think Kenzi liked being boy trapped!