Monday, August 27, 2007

Jelly Belly

As I was getting ready to get into the shower tonight, Ryleigh and I got into an impromptu "baby discussion."

Ryleigh says: "Why does your belly look like that?"
I say: "Wrinkly?"
Ryleigh says: "Yeah."
I say: "Because you guys lived in my belly when you were tiny babies and it got stretched out. Now it looks like this."
Ryleigh says: "Will it always look like that?"
I say: "Well, some form of this." (Meanwhile I'm thinking, "Please God, NOOOO!)
Ryleigh says: "Does it hurt?"
I say: "Does what hurt?"
Ryleigh says: "When they take the baby out?"
I say: "Sometimes. But then they give you medicine and then you are okay."
Ryleigh says: "I'm not having babies."
I say:"Why?"
Ryleigh says: "Because it will hurt. And I don't like babies."
I say:"You play with babies all the time."
Ryleigh says: "They are fake, Mom...and they don't poop!"

5 comments:

Mommy said...

That one is too smart for her own good.

katie said...

Some days I think I should have stuck with fake dolls too! Love the conversation!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! That is adorable!!

mickey said...

still giggling. thanks for the laugh.

Common Mom said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious :-) And thanks for visiting my blog. I'm fairly new, too . . . March. I'll definitely be back.