Thursday, July 12, 2007

Turning Over A New Leaf

I just got a call from my nurse at my doctor's office. At my last appointment I told him that I have been working really hard and haven't been able to lose weight. I don't eat fried foods, or drink pop. I walk 4 miles 3-5 times a week. I eat whole wheat bread and pasta. I drink skim milk and cut down on my cheese. But, I haven't lost anything in over 6 months.
Dr. Stowers suggested doing a blood test to check my thyroid. He said he occassionally sees problems with that. And wouldn't you know? My test came back "high". Which means (strangely enough) that my hormones are too LOW. Basically my body just fights against losing weight. So, I am going to try out a medication for a month and if that stabilizes my hormones, then I will stay on that. If it doesn't, then I will have to go see an endocrinologist to try something more.
So, YAY for me! There is a reason that I look like this and hopefully this will assist my efforts. So, here's to me! Let's hope that the future looks brighter...and thinner!

No comments: