Thursday, July 26, 2007

something old and something new

It's interesting to see how life changes over time. Friends you have been incredibly close to, now seem so far away. Friends that, by all definition, shouldn't be your best friend, because you haven't known them that long...can finish your sentences and know your thoughts.
It's sad AND exciting to see friendships change. Sometimes I sit and mourn the friendships that seem lost to me. I miss the times we spent together in the past and and memories that we have made. Yet, I am thankful for the new friendships and the happiness they bring to my life.
I am so thankful to all my friends and for the part (big or small) that they play in my life. Let this be a reminder to me to appreciate the strong friendships and give more effort to the friendships separated by time or distance.

3 comments:

mickey said...

Amen.

What more could I say?

Thanks Leeann

Helen Doyloe said...

It's not the friendship that changes, it's you. Either your friendship with others change with you or they don't.

Leeann said...

Exactly. I didn't say that the FRIEND changes. I said the FRIENDSHIP changes.