Friday, July 27, 2007

Neighborly Love

So, at 9:00 this morning I hear the doorbell. Of course, I can't be dressed and ready for the day by this time. Oh no. I am still wearing my pajamas, my hair is all a mess, no make-up (add to the fact that right at this time I am on the phone and in the middle of making pancakes).

"Who is it?" you ask.

"The cops" I answer.

Apparently my children let my dog out this morning, without putting him in the kennel. A wonderful neighbor, knowing exactly who he belonged to (I'm assuming this, because he was brought right to my house instead of to the pound), called the cops.

"He's been in people's yards" says Mr. Cop

"I'm so sorry. I'll make sure that he is in his kennel." says the Mom on the phone with pancake batter on her shirt.

Mr. Cop takes my name (making me feel like the criminal that I guess I am).

So, thank-you, Mr/Ms Neighbor. Thank you for not just bringing him home and telling me he was in your yard. Thank you for my encounter with law enforcement so early in the morning.

Maybe I should have invited him in for breakfast?

2 comments:

mickey said...

I think you should take them breakfast tommorow morning, and thank them for introducing you to the authorties.

Another good laugh, thanks Leeann.

Mommy said...

I agree with Mickey. Take them some breakfast. By the way, who the heck is Mickey?