Monday, July 30, 2007

I should have gone to Burger King

My blinds got put in today. I should be happy, and I am, but I am also frustrated. I'm happy to have them in...I'm sure my neighbors are tired of my naked butt wagging in the window. (Not really, we've had some very nice, very redneck-looking, sheets in the important windows.) Plus, it will be easier for my house to cool down without the sun glaring in all day.
However, I am also frustrated. These blinds were supposed to be installed on the 17th. Today is the 30th. Three phone calls later and an appointment was set up for 9:00 this morning. So, I got up earlier than normal, showered, dressed, fed the kids, clothed the kids and then cleaned/vacuumed the whole house. By 9:30, I was angry. I called their office and the lady said that he had left there at 8:00 and he should be arriving any moment. Their office is in Salt Lake, not Logan! That was plenty of time for him to be at my house on time!
So, at 10:30, I answer the door to a punk looking kid (who looked to be barely legal...to DRIVE!) and no apology or explanation. Two hours later, he is finished and driving away. I walk around the house closing all the blinds, to help cool things off. This is when I notice that 2 of the 3 blinds in my room are too short! The little bastard must have known this, because these were the only 2 that were pulled all the way up...the others he left down, covering the window.
So, I call the guy we ordered them from, who called the girl that sets up the installments, who called me. I explained the problem and she said that it would be looked at when they come to install my sliding glass door covering. She asked when he left my house and I told her over 2 hours ago. I got off that call thinking "Wow. It has now been 2 1/2 hours since he left my house and he hasn't made it back to the office yet...that kid is looking to get fired."

Where has work ethic gone? Where are the people that don't overcharge, do things on time and have a 100% satisfaction guarantee? I just want things done right, the first time. Is that too much to ask? Hell, even at Burger King, I can have it MY WAY!

2 comments:

mickey said...

That's a true shame. What a dissapointment. Next time ask B.K. if they do blinds.

Mommy said...

Work ethics? What's that? That went out the door with my generation. I spend more time babysitting then working at one of my jobs.