Friday, April 13, 2007

Rearview Mirror

There's got to be a hundred country songs and sayings about not looking in the rearview mirror, because you don't want to look at the past or what you have left behind.
Today, driving through town, I realized that I catch some pretty cute moments in my rearview mirror. I catch Luke's head bobbing from side to side as he falls asleep. I catch Avery singing the ABC's. I watch the girls fight...and then watch the pouting after I tell them to knock it off. I see their excitement as we drive around looking at Christmas lights. I watch Luke struggle and then succeed at taking his shoes off. I watch them singing and dancing along to the Rascal Flatts CD. I watch one of them smack the other and then look around to see if anyone saw it. I see Bailey and Ryleigh talking to each other about friends and school...and I catch a glimpse of what they will be like as teenagers.
I love my rearview mirror. I love the small, little moments that make you feel content with your life. When I look into my mirror, I don't dwell on the past or where I have been; but submerge myself in my future...and where it is going.

No comments: