Monday, November 13, 2006

Motherhood

When will life slow down? Honestly. My 5 year old has strep throat. My 3 year old is hell bent on driving me crazy. My 1 year old pees on everything. My baby eats.

No, you don't understand...THAT'S ALL HE DOES! I am a human milk factory for him 24/7!
I am a stay at home mom now, which I have always wanted. But, now my days are endless strings of burping, diaper changing, tying shoes, playing referee, crying, pouting, yelling, drooling, laundry, dishes, carpools, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, "MOM! SHE HIT ME!", cooking, pouring cups of milk, cleaning the carpet, paying bills, grocery shopping (which is a whole other blog about shopping with small children!). All the while, trying to teach, guide and mold my children into responsible, caring civilians.

Josh called from work today and was complaining because they have been working him hard today. I nicely advised him that I don't hold much sympathy for him, because while he has one boss riding him all day...I have four. It is obviously harder being me and he should quit complaining. (***feel the sarcasm here***)

Then, in a contemplative moment (in between pulling the 1 year old out of my purse and cleaning up the rug where the baby threw up carrots....) that I really am the lucky one. All he gets for his days of working is a piece of paper...okay, it has monetary value, but still, just a piece of paper.

I get the sticky kisses and the tender hugs. I get to help with homework and watch them as they learn. I get to answer questions like, "Will Uncle Jared come back from Heaven when he feels better?" and the question of today: "How does your belly go flat after the baby comes out?"

(WAIT!!! She thinks my belly is FLAT??? God Bless children and their innocent eyes!!!)

I really am the lucky one. I have to deal with the children all day, sure. But Josh has to deal with ME...when I've been dealing with the kids all day.

Now there's a job I don't envy!

No comments: